And 1 more ID help needed

Byrd

P1090980.jpg

I bought this a while back and it has changed quite a bit but did not get a name at that time, I believe I was told Kiwi something-which I could never find by doing a google search, I now think I have a montipora spongodes.

I know the pictures are lousy

The coral on the left I got from COReefer awhile back and what he sent he called montipora spongodes so I think if that is what I got from COReefer than this little frag is sure looking to be the same, and if they are I guess I have a new frag for sale-(laugh)

Any thoughts...anyone???

Thanks

I always thought those were M. Confusa.

Not sure tho.

Could be, I will google images for the confusa, when I looked for spongodes, those looked more green and not quite the same look as what I have. I just had the name from COReefer

here is a better shot of the one from COreefer;

P1090988.jpg

Do they look the same to you?

to me they do but that does not mean anything-

It looks like Spongodes to me. M. confusa and M. Spongodes look very similar but Spongodes is typically more branching. The new growth should develop a nice blue edge under higher light.

I have a colony of Spongodes that I got from Tyree and I believe I sold a frag to COReefer at one point. It could be from the same colony

It looks like Spongodes to me. M. confusa and M. Spongodes look very similar but Spongodes is typically more branching. The new growth should develop a nice blue edge under higher light.

I have a colony of Spongodes that I got from Tyree and I believe I sold a frag to COReefer at one point. It could be from the same colony

It most likely is, as the Blueberry alien eye I got from him came from Frank, which may have been from you too??????

Whatcha think, did you sell or get the blueberry from frank or sold to frank?

Thanks Isaac!!

Hey hows that Scoly lookin??