Fish trap!!

ClayTheSavageFraser

I need a fish trap just for a couple days!! I can pay for shipping if you aren't in the eugene area! I would just borrow it!! I am a very trustworthy man, a man of his word and my word is that I just want to borrow it from either a LFS Sponsor or a hobbyist? Please let me know ASAP!! i gotta get this yellowtail damsel out of my tank! I have a McCoskers wrasse that is beautiful that is being corralled by the stupid damsel! I need it out!! And I want to try to get my psycho lobster out too!!

Clay

(rock2)

Dude!! I feel ya! I had a battle with my hawkfish!! I was yelling "I will win!!" as I got all my rubbermaids out and this is after I got a divider and moved all of my rock to one side! Then It all came out! Now that is not an option until I move into a new house. And i am not sure when that will be. So...I need a fish trap!! Rose City Aquariums had one that I wish I borrowed when I was there!!

Clay

But before you do it all try a glass glass and feed your fish in it!! I got 3 other damsels out with that. I just have a stubborn smart little sucker! After I got those guys out I was like "Geez, I wish I tried that with the hawkfish!! Ha!

Clay

This one has already proven to be smarter than average. At the rate it was going throughout the day I don't think I have the leasure to try a trap. It aggravated every one of them to the point they wouldn't open. That's 2 damsels now that I've had that were supposed to be reef safe that were not. The other one munched my SPS polyps but I got it at night with a flashlight and very little rock rearranging. This one is smarter than that though. The flashlight only holds it for a short time and then it darts back to the other side under the big rocks. (The ones I hate to think about moving) If it will come out in the open now though I think it will be toast.

They are evil..... I got mine out this morning but I ended up tearing the tank completely apart to do it. Most of the corals are either in the refugium, sump, or a tote right now until the tank clears again so I can rearrange the rock before I put them back. I MUST remember:

Pretty Damsels = Evil Damsels,

Pretty Damsels = Evil Damsels,

Pretty Damsels = Evil Damsels.

No way around it, they are a major PITA. I think what torques me more than anything is that everything I can find says they are reef safe whereas many of the other fish I have are "caution" or in the case of the Trigger many even say it is not reef safe yet those evil "reef safe" damsels are the only ones I have had eat the corals.

Okay I may be cruel but I had an anthias that I had to get out. He wouldn't fall for any of the standard things sooo............Go to Wally World and get the smallest hooks you can find bait them with shrimp and bam!!! removed fish.

Shane

(scary)

That is funny. Did you hook it up to your pole and crack open a beer for the complete experience?

• 2 weeks later...