my 20 5 months old

tom_c55

Looks good. Are you planning to keep the underground filter or take it out? I'll be helping my brother set up a 20g long in the next couple of weeks and we were planning to just run a 2 or 3 inch sand bed with live rock and then just do 5 gallon water changes every week or two. Also what are you running for lighting? He has a 24" fixture with one CF and one T5 that he is planning to use which I think will be enough since the tank is only 12" deep.

Looks good. Are you planning to keep the underground filter or take it out? I'll be helping my brother set up a 20g long in the next couple of weeks and we were planning to just run a 2 or 3 inch sand bed with live rock and then just do 5 gallon water changes every week or two. Also what are you running for lighting? He has a 24" fixture with one CF and one T5 that he is planning to use which I think will be enough since the tank is only 12" deep.

well im hoping to go bigger soon so ill probably just keep the ugf for now as far as lighting i have a coralife 1x65 and my lps do fine with it

im not sure i really like lps euphyllia type i was thinkin about getting a $5 sps from seahorse and seeing how it does at the top

I may be corrected but I think even at the top with that light at best it will survive but probably not have much color at all. It may not even survive depending on food and calcium and such. At $5 a frag though it is worth a try for sure... Heck I have a couple "fall off frags" of birds nest and pocillipora you could toss in if you want to see if they go one way or another. They are just tiny one branchers that have fallen off and are still managing to live at the bottom of my tank, but free is free:D...

that would be cool ill take just about anything that is free

I work 6 days a week at this point so nights would be better for me if you want to come over and get them. PM me and we can meet up some time this week.

I have cheap stuff to if you are looking for stuff to populate the tank(naughty)