Hello NW tank lovers!

PeteRock

This may not be the right spot for this, I looked around but could not find a proper spot.

I have a 75 gallon tank that I love. Nothing fancy or impressive in there, just some clown hosted to a frogspawn, some other little reef fish and a bunch of silly critters. I have some soft corals, and am slowly expanding my tank.

I live in an apartment, so I'm always hesitant to put to much money into something I will eventually breeak down and stress pretty bad. I just replaced my VHO bulbs (don't ask how old they were DOH!) and WOW! what a difference! I can see all sorts of colors I had forgot about, YAY!

Anyways, just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. (rock2)

Welcome. I hope you can make it to some of the meetings. There is the summer bar-b-que later this month out at Blue Lake Park. It is a great way to meet fellow reef lovers.

The proper place would have been "new to the hobby" or "members tanks" but only if you add a lot of pics. Just kidding, you don't have to have the pics, we just like to see them.

dsoz

Wow, thanks for the warm welcome folks! I'll see if I can make it to the BBQ this weekend, but I have to check my sched.

I'll take some pics and try to find a place to host them for me. Then you all can tease me about how empty it is and that the hood doesn't match the stand. :)

Photobucket.com is a free site that will host pics. It is fairly easy to use too. Once the pics are uploaded there are some tags under it that you just copy and paste to where you want the pic.

For example, inserting something that looks like this 22.jpg will bring in a pic that looks like this

22.jpg

(that was for you Jen :) )

If you want to fill your tank at a fraction of the cost of going to a fish store, cruse the classifieds here. Most people sell frags of something a lot cheaper than at the stores. What are you interested in? I just may have some stuff to sell.

dsoz

• Like 1

(welcome)

(To) The best forum for saltwater enthusiasts in the SW Washington / Portland area.

Any questions fire away. Please....lets see some pics of your clownfish with the frogspawn.

Jay

Heres mine.....welcome....really (drinking)

attachment.php?attachmentid=5541&stc=1&d=1250010359

post-199-141867747662_thumb.jpg

......and that the hood doesn't match the stand. :)
I've found that no one really pays much attention to the stand. I need to strip the finish back off mine (all of the doors are a different shade) but haven't got around to doing it since it doesn't seem to make much difference anyway.

ah crap... No way I can post pictures after those two.... Yikes!

Dude...ya gotta start somewheres. We were ALL there where you are now. Enjoy it...its the funnest time till the newness wears off....assuming you are a fairly new hobbyest?

Jay

I need spell checker