tour de tanks. North

Mr S

So far only one person has signed up to be on the tank tour. Don't be shy. We need more people. No one cares if the house is dirty. (only your tank!!!)(rock2) PM me if you can be on the list!!!!! The tour date is October 15th. Tours will start at 2 and run til 4-6 whatever the host wants.

I think Salem can be what ever we want it to be??!! Randy I think the offer of Vancouver works. It gives people a chance to visit wherever they want to. Same thing with your Mike. Maybe CCR will also sign up in Salem for tours. Let me know if you guys want to host.

How are we doing on this? Do we still only have a couple of members willing to open up their homes for us to drool over their tanks? Time is running out, kids! You can blindfold us and lead us to your tanks, throw blinders on so we can only see your tank and not the rest of your houses. (naughty)

Just in case anyone is worried, there will be no trashing of houses. You don't need to have snacky cakes or cheesy poofs, no drinky-poos. We just want to see your hard work! :D

Tour

OK ....I'll host my tank for the tour!!

I won't clean up, nor be the snack guy. But I will ask the other reefer's not to pick on me. I don't want to be under the a microscope or understood. I only need to be known as a regular reef NERD! that enjoy's reefn' !!!!

Don't worry... you don't have to be an elitist to show your tank. Believe me, our tanks aren't cutting edge by any means. We're just your run-of-the-mill hobbyists as well. I don't think anyone is expecting perfection or some incredibly massive system with top of the line equipment and not a speck of coralline to mar one's viewing enjoyment. In fact, just a few days ago you could hardly see into Jay's 240 because of the INCREDIBLE proliferation of purple coralline. Bah! Dad got tired of it and scraped it. (clap)

So keep signing up, everyone! Let Roger know you're interested in opening up your tank for viewing... whether it's a nano or large system, SPS or softie system or mixed reef. Whatever! We just want to see all of your hard work and give you pats on the back for a job well done! :D

Wow! That is pretty awesome, how they do that! I don't know if I would feel secure putting that on the internet though since it has their addresses. But maybe I can do something like that for the southern tour and put it on our server... but only PM the link to it to those who want to participate. That way our info would be relatively safe. We'll have to preplan the southern tour pretty early so we wouldn't have to scramble to put the "brochure" together though! :D

Very impressive. I see this is their 12th tour. They even give you a preview of the tanks! Thanks for the info Darren.

http://www.utahreefs.com/reeftourinfo.asp

I would like to put together something like this for our Southern Tour. It would be nice to have a pic and a little bio on the tank(s) ahead of time to put it together. This is going to be a learning year for us. Keep those ideas coming, it will only make us better.

Here is the info on the Northern Tank Tours.

Northern Tour

Jay