What do you do when you get bored with your tank???

reef-fisher

Nice count on the Steelies Jake

Make sure you have an acrylic tank, I hear those Pistol Shrimp are strong enought to break glass-If I am not mistaken:eek:

Probabl thinking about the Mantis Shrimp. I know they have been known to break glass.

In the same boat tank looks like **** and am tired of beating my head on the wall trying to figure it out. I already have a mantis tank and it takes care of it self(rock2) Feed every few days and thats it.

Ben maybe take a great picture and just stick it in the tank:D

I tryed the cold water, was going great! family outings to ther coast for collecting, ( gotta pay attention to whare ya cant collect! there are many beach sanctuaries whare harvesting is prohibited) then abought a month into it my chiller quit on me and all was lost :( so I gave up on it with the thought of going back to it someday.

Get rid of all the boring LPS crap' date=' and upgrade to all SPS corals!!![/quote']

Hmm.....odd. I find the SPS far more boring then LPS....it is the lack of movement that bores me. Well I guess we are back to the personal opinion thing again. I do enjoy seeing nice SPS tanks. Just isn't my thing.

I personally like a little variety. Some SPS, some LPS, etc. I don't want to stuff my tank full of different stuff though. (That looks too busy and overwhelming to me) I would rather have fewer different types and instead let them grow out until they are larger.

I think in the end for some of us it comes down to what we find out we can or cannot grow. I can grow zoas, mushrooms, xenia, etc. just fine but I'm finding SPS to be a struggle. I'm not giving up yet though. I'll be slapping a 400 watt bulb in one side in the next day or two to see if that helps.

Hmm.....odd. I find the SPS far more boring then LPS....it is the lack of movement that bores me. Well I guess we are back to the personal opinion thing again. I do enjoy seeing nice SPS tanks. Just isn't my thing.

I have to agree unless it is a really unique SPS or a monti. I love the monti's

alot of people do eric. My wife was the same way for a long time. She despised sps untill she started seeing nice ora stuff and some of the killer montis. Now she's a bit of an acro addict too