Wild Pacific

Discover channel is airing a very cool documentary about the pacific ocean, lots of it takes place in south pacific. The coolest so far was kingman reef, i have never seen so many giant clams in one spot, one very cool image was an arch totally made out of clams!

Check it out, it's also airing tonight

Roy

Im watching it now and it puts the thought of selling everything and moving to paradice into my head! Hey with enouph conections someone could make $ wholesaling corals or making cement rock and aquaculturing them in the real live ocean to be sold in the LFS. Oh what a dream it is!!Ok, anyone got 60grand I can use to make this happen?

Watched it the last few nights as we DVrd it when they ran like 6 in a row. The clam reef was awsome(rock2) And the fish that ate more than a ton of coral a year was scary. Also the star that eats acros was neat to watch as another snail ate it. The sea is full of neat stufff and this series is great to watch!

what is kinda sad is that the shows not only inspire those of us that have a love for it to go see it it also inspires those who just like it for the beauty and have no vested intrest in it so dont care if they step on a coral, when I went snorkling in Hawaii my fam was more than respectfull of the sea life but I couldnt say that for all that were on the beach. Maybe with the shows they also need to make it a point to show reefs that have been desimated, let everyone know its from human influance, give tips on how to swim safely without harming whats under ya, how to help from home, hey even mention how the saltwater aquarium hobbiest is slowly turning to man made rock insted of taking from ocean