Dosing coffee in your reef tank?

Isaac

I moved my tank across town the other night. It took 3 trips and all night to get it put sort of back together. The next morning I was un-bagging some remaining corals and I set my coffee on the open tank top. I then proceeded to knock the coffee into the tank. I've since seen amazing growth!

Just kidding. The corals actually look pretty pissed at me right now. The water tests good though and I have been running carbon. I lost one acro to rtn. I'm not sure if it is related to the coffee. more likely it was stressed from the move.

I'm outta there man. I may work this Saturday and next but that's pretty much it. I turned in my keys today. I'm not sure what my next move is.

that really sucks man... I'm gonna miss knowing I could always swing in and get the advice, supplies, and corals that I needed from you all the time... I have to actually shop around now! I really wish you the best in whatever you do next. If I can ever help you somehow let me know, it's the least I could do for all I feel you have done for me in this hobby...(rock2)

Darned, that's good and bad.Good because it will save me money.Every time I went in there it's like Costco,you cant walk out for less than $100.00.

Really bad because I won't have Isaac to visit with & get info from.

Good luck whatever comes your way. Just remember good things happen to good people.

Hey Isaac - sorry to hear your tenure at SeaHorse is at an end... you were a great asset to that store. Best of luck in whatever your next endevour is. If you did manage to get a hold of Waves that would be awesome - other than the fact that it's on the "wrong" side of town ;)

Best of luck man and thanks for your help!

BTW - Andy, as per usual, I like the way you think!

Isaac- sorry to hear that you will no longer be at Seahorse! :(

I too wish you the best at whatever you do........ hopefully for all of us it involves the hobby. You were always freindly and willing to help. And in this day and age not many are!

GOOD LUCK!!! hope to see you around.

I "dosed" about 6oz. of IPA into my 40g tank last week. My skimmer went nuts for about an hour, but everything was OK with it. I like to think since it was good beer, the reef gods accepted the sacrifice. :)

Good luck to you Isaac.

I moved my tank across town the other night. It took 3 trips and all night to get it put sort of back together. The next morning I was un-bagging some remaining corals and I set my coffee on the open tank top. I then proceeded to knock the coffee into the tank. I've since seen amazing growth!

Just kidding. The corals actually look pretty pissed at me right now. The water tests good though and I have been running carbon. I lost one acro to rtn. I'm not sure if it is related to the coffee. more likely it was stressed from the move.

Was the coffe loaded with sugar and creamer?

yes' date=' cream and sugar too. I'm sure the skimmer and carbon have removed it by now.[/quote']

Wimp. Real Men Drink it black!

I think the RTN was the acro rejecting the Vanilla Carmel Coffee Mate. (laugh)

Sorry for the rough move, am recovering myself over here now from a similiar one.

Hey Isaac,

Like everyone here has already said, it’s been grate knowing you. I will defiantly miss having easy access to your vast coral knowledge. Hopefully what ever you end up doing, it will be something you like.

Luis