WHAT IS THIS??????

CA2OR

it looks alot like a cuddlefish. It swims tenticals first using some fin around the body. Literaly just like a cuddlefish. It is not floating. It actively evaded my wrasse. Seriously it looks either like a squid or a cuddlefish.

I cannot catch it so far. I did try last night be he is evasive. Sneaky little bugger. He flashes and strobes that glowing white. I know it appears as thought it is the LED and to a degree it is, but even when he is out of view of the LED he strobes. I may have better luck tonight as this video was taken 2 days ago, last night there were 2 of them.

updated video's with one more from last night. The first video is from last night with my cell phone. Yes it is still alive and now I have 2 swing in synchrony

I actually watched the one in the second and third video attack and eat a decent sized copopod in my tank. They are some sort of predator.

• 2 weeks later...

I really don't think its a cuttlefish....mine little cuttle I've been raising from egg, just escaped the net breeder its been living in for the last 6 weeks....well it didn't last with fish around...someone ate him!

I hope the fish enjoyed the calamari!!!...what sucks is the $100 of live food spent feeding it the last month+!!!

They don't swim as nimble as eric has been describing...

I really don't think its a cuttlefish....mine little cuttle I've been raising from egg, just escaped the net breeder its been living in for the last 6 weeks....well it didn't last with fish around...someone ate him!

I hope the fish enjoyed the calamari!!!...what sucks is the $100 of live food spent feeding it the last month+!!!

They don't swim as nimble as eric has been describing...

Where did you get cuttlefish eggs?

I don't think the video is a cuttlefish. especially if it is moving that fast tentacles first. Can you see the appendages clearly enough to determine they are, in fact, tentacles and not mandibles or maxillae.? To my knowledge cuttlefish don't chase prey like that, they are sneaky and shoot out their tentacles while standing stock still. Of course their behavior could be different in the larval stage.