Blue-tipped Tenius

siskiou

Hey Miles, remember that tenius frag I bought from you a while ago?

This is what it looks like now. The tips are a touch more purplish, but this is the closest I could get to the real thing with my camera.

I liked it the way it looked when I got it, but this is not bad, either! :)

Tenius.jpg

I'm always amazed how different coral coloration turns out, depending on the lighting!

And I would frag it, but it's still a frag itself! Some day...

I wish Miles's pic were still available, for comparison, but it no longer shows up in his thread.

Here it is when i got it. It came from under VHO lighting

100_0610.jpg

Then it went to this in my tank. Best pic i have uploaded, its like yellow with nice blue tips

017.jpg

I have 2 nice sized frags in my QT tank under MH and they are starting to look like yours Suzanne. Interesting how different lighting effects the corals coloring.

I have a few pieces of that too. they almost look to have a pink and green base on mine with the almost purpley-blue tips.

This is not a shot of mine but it shows how different the colors can be in different lights.

zoo3080lrg.jpg

Do you know if this coral is avaiable anywhere in portland I'd like to get a piece

So when you coming over with that bad boy......

I think I am gonna make the meet on sunday so it will be swimming at your place by then.

Please let me know, I'd like to get a piece

thanks

I'll do, send me a PM if you would so I can remember. It will be about a week or two out I think.

Last time I really looked at T5s URI was just getting ready to introduce their true actinic T5 bulb. This was when there were only blue tint actinic bulbs that were not the exact correct spectrum. I had one of those early tek lights bought from craigslist. That was before I had halides on my 55. I was useing 4 110 watt VHO bulbs and did really well with soft and LPS corals. I replaced it with that t5 unit and had better growth but the actinic was just not the same as the VHO URI Super Actinic. I was useing 2 super actinic and 2 actinic white vho and loved the color of the tank. I now have halides 250 reeflux 12k and 2 vho uri super actinic on my 120 and have tried 10k and 20k halide and still liked my 4 VHO as far as the way the colors of the fish and corals poped. I sometimes think I need to go with some 20k halides and then instead of useing 48 inch VHO actinics go with the uri reefsun or actinic white VHO. Are you familer with those? What do you guys think.

Man I really hijacked this thread with this post....sorry. Im rambling a little. I am getting ready to get new bulbs soon.

Jay