Quietest Skimmer?

R-3

Who makes the quietest skimmer while still be functional? I have had Euros in the past that were relatively quiet. I am now looking for something for my 37G. Also I would like it to be very very compact. Right now I am borrowing Reefin's CPR Bakpak (Thanks Reynaldo). It is already pulling some good gunk out but its a little noisy. I would like something that is dead quiet. Ive been looking at the Tunze and they seem to be a really nice skimmer. Any thoughts? Later Ryan

Yeah Im leaning towards the Tunze. Mainly because of the size and the quietness. Ive heard they are pretty efficient also. They are hard to find used though. I found a guy with a 9010 for $200 on Nano-Reef but thats about it. Just trying to save a few bones. Later Ryan

Yeah the guy has responded and its been a couple of days. If I could sell my big Euro I would just buy a new one! :) So if I buy the 9005 I have to buy a kit to run it in sump? Doesnt it make it as much as the 9010 which already comes with one? Later Ryan

Yeah with the 9005 you need the sump kit and the cost difference between the 9005+kit and the 9010 ends up like $40. Another nice thing about the 9010 is the collection cup is bigger so it will hold more junk. I got the 9005 for my 30g tank because I have limited space under the tank.

Rich

Yeah the price difference is $26 on MD. $327 seems like a lot for a little skimmer. I gotta wait till I can find something used. Im still thinking about a little needlewheel Euro, PCI, or ASM. Later Ryan

Wow Rich that is pretty impressive. Sounds like you need to upgrade to the 9010 and sell the 9005, LOL :). Deep down I really do wanna get one! When my big Euro sells I will probably endup getting one. Maybe I can find one used by then. Thanks Rich. Later Ryan