Return pump Questions?

R-3

I just hooked up a Genx 2400 for my return on my new tank and noticed a little noise. Well then I decided that since I had a Genx 4100 laying around I might as well try it. When I plugged in the 4100 it was three times as loud. Anyone else had problems with noise from these pumps or it that the way they just are. If so who out there is using a submersible pump around 600-900GPH at 4' of head that they like and is QUIET. Later ryan

I would also reccomend a Ehiem pump, they are DEAD quiet and some of the most relieable pumps that you can buy. You will pay a little more for them but they will outlast anything else out there.

SBK,

Sorry I don't trust the Rio pumps, they have a VERY bad rep for dieing and other issues. I've personly had 2 of them, one lasted for 6 months and then stopped functioning, the other one for 2 months and it was only used for mixing new RO water.

You get what you pay for...

I have a genx 2400 running now, its got a slight hum but other than that does great. My genx4100 has the same hum as does my mag 9.5. I put some of that camping padding under the sump and set the pump on some eggcrate that seems to fix any noise from any of the pumps.

???

I have a genx 2400 running now' date=' its got a slight hum but other than that does great. My genx4100 has the same hum as does my mag 9.5. I put some of that camping padding under the sump and set the pump on some eggcrate that seems to fix any noise from any of the pumps.[/quote']

camping padding?? foam egg mat???

He placed some closed cell foam under his sump' date=' the stuff you'll use as a mattress out camping. And he used that plastic light diffuser paneling from home depot or lowes, commonly referred to as egg crate.[/quote']

Thanks for the translation, it was early (laugh)