Gaming OBSESSION!

spayne

There might be a couple of you who have wondered why I've suddenly dropped off the face of the planet. Course, there may be many of you that don't give a rat's crack either! :D

We have an Xbox 360 and I made the mistake of getting "the Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" for it. OMG! I can't stop! It's like crack for me! (drooler) I swear, I'm going to get bed sores on my butt from sitting down all day playing it! Yes, boys and girls... I am obsessed! I openly admit it. Course, I'm okay with my addiction!

It was pretty funny when we went into "EB" so I could get the guide to the game and the kid at the counter asked which one of us was playing it. Of course he looked right at Jay. Girls don't like games for crying out loud! That's just not right!

So, just letting you know that I still exist! Feel free to say what games have gotten you into a gaming binge! Might be an interesting thread to show that I'm not the only wacky gamer in PNWMAS!

Incidentally... how many of you have played a game, like "Doom" and when you try to go to sleep your brain is still running through the corridors? Just nutty!

Okay, I have to get back out there and make sure Jay isn't messing up my game. I may be addicted, but I like him enough to let him play my game and trust that he won't destroy all of my progress!

Stacy

• Like 1

Guest Ahbrit

now and again i go online and play 1st person shootem ups

Counterstrike, Battlefield 1942, Battlefront II.

i think i must suck.

i get killed so fast by 14 year olds. it's so unfair. They're just too good (icon)

I did the XBOX Live thing for a few months, got my butt kicked at HALO by a bunch of kids with a nasty mouth. I got bored with it. I too love the first person shooters but haven't played in months. Once I pick up a 360 I'm sure that will all change.

I used to spend much of my time with UT and was even part of a clan but then moved back to OR and well, it had to take a back seat. So now once the kids are sleepin and if I get a chance I hit the game consoles. I miss gaming!!! sad Staring at our tank till I go cross eyed kinda eats into the game time too!!!(comp)

Yes I'm also an Xbox live fanatic. I think the future of gaming is going to be online, playing with real people than a computer. Halo 2 has so much bad mouthing it just turns me off. Now I play battlefield 2 online. Keith knows how bad a$$ BF 2 is. If you like complicated first shooters, this is the game for you. I love it.

I just bought Ghost Recon - Advanced Warfighter and would love to let you what an awesome game it is... but that darned Oblivion game is always in the console. She needs a 12 step program. Somebody get her some help.

Jay

FYI... Jay is out there all by his lonesome. What is he playing? Oblivion! He could have taken it out and put in GRAW if he wanted to! naner

Tiger Woods 2006

I had a period where I was pretty obsessed with that one! I even played it online a few times. It's incredible... you think you're pretty good at a game, you go online and all the 12-year-olds wipe up the floor with you!

I think the future of gaming is going to be online' date=' playing with real people than a computer[/quote']

I totally agree with you. At least with console games the games are made to work with the current console. With the PC the requirements keep going up and you have to upgrade so you can play. We switched over from PC gaming to console. Course, that also means that our computer is pretty slow by conventional standards!

Stacy

Yah but console gaming is getting expensive as well. Xbox live has a monthly fee and the consoles are getting more and more expensive. I upgraded my computer to an AMD 2700, overclocked it, dropped in an ASUS N6600GT video card, overclocked with a new motherboard and now i've got a pretty smokin rig for about $230.

Those consoles are up to what, $500 for the premium models. Pretty soon i bet there is going to be a merging of PCs and gaming consoles.

Yah but console gaming is getting expensive as well. Those consoles are up to what' date=' $500 for the premium models. [/quote']

Yeah, you're right. It's expensive both ways... probably more so for the consoles. But I don't have a 52" (or whatever it is) HDTV hooked up to my computer! :p We're such geeks... we bought the TV after we got the original Xbox and had to make sure we got a TV that would support 720p.

Cuda, you'll have to give a report of your gaming shindig! That sounds like a good time! Plus you have the advantage of not having to play with a bunch of potty-mouthed 12-year-olds. Or in my case, 35-year-olds! rofl

Stacy

final fantasy is good. Dungeon Seige is fun on the pc. Spayne, this summer you and your man need to visit me at work and bring your xbox with you.. We will hang up the closed sign or take turns waiting on people!!! dON'T TELL THE BOSS!!!

...this summer you and your man need to visit me at work and bring your xbox with you.. We will hang up the closed sign or take turns waiting on people!!! dON'T TELL THE BOSS!!!

You're on! (clap)

There was a beta of FFXI(?) in the Xbox magazine. I tried it for a couple hours, but just couldn't get into it. But I also had absolutely no idea of what I was doing which could have been a part of the issue. I had never played a MMORPG before... or FF for that matter. Then again, I didn't like the previous Elder Scrolls game and I CAN'T STOP playing Oblivion! (crazy)

Stacy

ok. I"ve played FFXI and I've played muds (before Everquest when it was all test) I couldn't get it into it at all. I also couldn't get into Everquest for some reason. Last night I started playing World of Warcraft. I have to say it's a much better MMORPG then the latter two.....Which mean that if anyone needs me, theymight need to call me or msg Keith (drooler)

I remember playing mudds as well. It was short lived for me too. I've been eyeing WoW for awhile. I guess its the monthly fee i don't want to pay. I really only play my MMORGP 5 hours a month or so. But if it was more fun i might play more.......

I know I'm old, but how many people remember playing the original Zork. I honestly miss the days of "word" based gaming. The entire game was played out in your own mind. I might even get on the internet and see if I can dust off an old copy of Zork. There's nothing like the classics. I remember the feeling of exhiliration the first time I fired up DOOM. It was a pixilated mess, but in those days it was amazing.

Jay

Speaking of text based games. what about Nethack? we used to play that all the time. they came out with different versions but the original was word based and then it went into a kind of graphical interface where letters on the screen would make up a sort of map that you would walk around and into creatures to kill and treasure chests to open. What a great game...

Angie! Speaking of WoW....I love the game. I havent played in a month or so but I used to play all the time and my brothers are all into it. I say we get all the Oregon Reefers that are into gaming and into WoW to start a guild. give me a call sometime Angie and we can play together....

• 2 weeks later...