N03 and P04 help

Nicknjo

So 2 weeks ago my chaeto doubled in size over one week. After that I trimmed it and it stopped growing and started dying. I then noticed dinos appearing everywhere so I tested nitrate and phosphate and had 0.00 across the board. So I know I need to get my numbers up. I am over feeding which is the best solution I can think of in the mean time in addition to blacking out the tank for 3 days. Whats a good long term solution to get my numbers up a bit and attack this dino. Something to manually dose?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Back when my tank had zero phosphate, I dosed Spectracide stump remover mixed with RO water.  Due to its chemical makeup, you can accurately dose based on water volume to increase PO4 to a specific ppm value.  I lost the link to an online calculator, but if you Google it you might be able to find the formula.  Spectracide is available at Home Depot or other stores with a garden center.

• Like 1

Back when my tank had zero phosphate, I dosed Spectracide stump remover mixed with RO water.  Due to its chemical makeup, you can accurately dose based on water volume to increase PO4 to a specific ppm value.  I lost the link to an online calculator, but if you Google it you might be able to find the formula.  Spectracide is available at Home Depot or other stores with a garden center.
What about nitrates? I have read about the stump remover, does it not have any harmful additives?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, SuncrestReef said:

Spectracide Stump Remover is KNO3.