A couple of Macro shots for you all

Carla

5 minutes ago, Carla said:

Much better than mine..................lol. thanks for posting :)

I wouldn't say better.  Mine may have more close-up detail, but yours have great color and composition.  I haven't found the best settings yet on my Nikon to capture the true colors on my corals.  Still working at it!

Just now, SuncrestReef said:

I wouldn't say better.  Mine may have more close-up detail, but yours have great color and composition.  I haven't found the best settings yet on my Nikon to capture the true colors on my corals.  Still working at it!

This lens and I have a love hate relationship :)

• Like 1

For me I love the lens, but have a love/hate relationship with the camera itself.  To get better depth of field, I close the aperture way down to f-stop 36, then use a long exposure (1 to 6 seconds depending on lighting).  I need to turn off the powerheads to reduce polyp movement during the shots, but it's worth it to get so much of the coral into focus.

Just now, SuncrestReef said:

Can you tell me the name of this one?  I'd like to find it.

This is a GARF Bonsai. I got it in July from Mindblowing Corals down in Denver. This coral has been around forever!!! Watch alk. swings tho!! I had a nice colony back when I had my 300 and my stupidity killed it 😞

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...