wine and beer making refractometer

izzypop

Hey any wine and beer makers out there?

Do our refractometers measure specific gravity the same as the ones for home brewing? Also is there a conversion formula to Brix I can use as well or do I need to buy the Brix Refractometer?

Doing beer and wine this year and will be my first attempt at wine.

I'm going to test my refractometer against my brewing hydrometer and see what happens. I ended up just ordering a brix/alcohol refractometer. we'll see on the SG.

Hey shawn, give me a call, I've got a beerrometer for home brew. I can bring it over and compare. I've been dying to see your tank since I missed the club meeting there. I'm still 2 blocks away :O

503-558-8738

yea I've got one too I just never tested them against each other. don't have a beer stage yet I can test on. I'll test it out in a couple weeks. Just thought someone here might have already done it and had the answers.

We can work something out to come over. Give me a couple weeks things are kinda crazy right now. PM me first week of October and you can come over and check it out, I'll even clean the glass for you :). I've been meaning to get some pics up here but haven't had the time.

• 3 weeks later...