Looking for lighting suggestions!

matty

As my coral continue to grow, shadowing is becoming an issue with my Kessil being that it's a single source light. My tank is a 50 cube 24x24x20 so pretty shallow, plus all my coral are softies or anemone's.

I'm looking for suggestions on options to give me more spread and coverage. Im considering T5, those would definitely cover better but not sure I want invest a ton of money in a fixture for my softies! Lol Maybe suggestions on led fixtures you all have had success with. Something other than the few common brands.

Anyone have something laying around? Thanks!

I have 50g cube as frag tank/QT for fishes might be triggerfish food. One ReeFi LED (150w max) will cover it very well. I only ramp up to 50% power mid day for sps and LPS. For softies, I would recommend even lower to start and let your corals adjust slowly. 5 channels individually controllable, 1024 dimming steps, with built-in wifi.

9a213e705e4f0cef4144fe4c3bcc306c.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have 50g cube as frag tank/QT for fishes might be triggerfish food. One ReeFi LED (150w max) will cover it very well. I only ramp up to 50% power mid day for sps and LPS. For softies, I would recommend even lower to start and let your corals adjust slowly. 5 channels individually controllable, 1024 dimming steps, with built-in wifi.

9a213e705e4f0cef4144fe4c3bcc306c.jpg

Very nice! Would I have the same issues with this light though? It seems very similar to the Kessil.

It has a broader spread, is more powerful, and a much better spectrum. I wonder if Daniel has ever put them side by side to compare?

I don't have a pic of side to side comparison. ReeFi LED is much wider spread and brighter. Eye balling comparison, it's over 2x wider spread than kessil.