Redsea Max S-500 Slow Build

Tanuki

Well since you guys wouldn't help me abandon the hobby by buying my tank, I have decided to fill it back up with fish and see how it goes.  

Here are the current specs-

Although my tank is fairly healthy, I just don't have the time for it.  I am planning to leave the country for a few months, and my list of priorities keeps growing.  So, what I have, is a pretty good deal on a complete set up.  I don't want to part it out, so lets start with the group together and go from there.

RSM S-500

1/4 hp chiller

Large UV Sterilizer

Reef Octopus Skimmer

1 MP40 Vortech Powerhead

Florida Rock

Fish-

1 Niger Trigger

1 Black Ice Clown

1 Gold Nugget Maroon Clown

1 Yellow Tang 

Inverts-

Emerald Crab

Coral: 

I really don't know what any of it is called anymore, but I will put up some pictures :)

• 2 weeks later...

LOL not a FS thread.  I just made the comment that since I hadn't sold it, I would move forward with it :)

So I bought a Gold Nugget Maroon Infant with questionable health a couple of weeks ago.  I was planning on being in town for the holidays, so I bought the little guy so I could monitor him.  He was eating fine, but we ended up leaving town at the last minute and he died while I was gone.  Not sure that I could have done anything for him had I been there, but I like to monitor any new fish that enters my system.

Nice set up! What happened to that morish idol?

I actually donated it to an aquarium when I took down the 180.  He wasn't going to fit in my Redsea.  The 180 was plummed to a 110 in my garage, so it had roughly 300 gallons of water and kept the Idol healthy with plenty of stuff in the tank to eat.  I would never attempt having an idol in a smaller tank, especially one that is a fresh start.  They eat some frozen, but they really like to heat what they find in the tank. 

Very nice 180 but I agree acrylic is a pain to clean and love the ease of running mag float with a razor over the glass! Sorry to hear about the gold nugget maroon. Looks like an interesting looking fish!

Thank you.  It was absolute murder.  I may have to find a new fish friend for my guy. 

Great Pictures, Tanuki!

Thank you!  I appreciate it.  I used to be pretty passionate lol.