Greetings from Tigard!

mrk13p

Longtime cichlid hobbyist first time reefer! Well I kind of stumbled onto this. My sis is a realtor and she tells me she's selling a house and the previous owner asked her to get rid of the tank that was there. I go there expecting a small 10 gal but was surprised to see a nice 90 cube reef. It looked abandoned for about a month but still had the powerheads going and the lights on timers. The tank was a mess but I could still see life. So I salvaged the tank, got everything cleaned up and set it up at home. I'm new to saltwater so I'm learning a lot right now. Here's the tank all cleaned up and from what I was able to save. If anyone can help IDing anything would be helpful. From my research looks like green tip/ purple tip frogspawn, hammer coral, candy cane coral, brain coral, some mushrooms I guess? Any input appreciated.

• Like 1

Welcome! You're definitely in the right place to find some help. I think it's super cool when people revitalize an old tank. It would be great if you keep sharing pictures!

First thing though is figuring out how to post pictures, which isn't the easiest thing. It's all downhill from there though! Here's a link to a really good source to help out. http://www.pnwmas.org/topic/38922-quick-dirty-tutorial-on-posting-photos/?fromsearch=1

If that doesn't work for you, it might be because you're a new member. There may be a minimum post count before you can post pictures. If it doesn't work after you follow those instructions, let me know and I'll see if there's a workaround.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum! That's nice that you stumbled upon a 90 gallon tank. Your freshwater background will come in handy in this hobby. There are many differences but I find the freshwater people usually do quite well as they understand the importance of doing your research and stable tank parameters.

Gil & Fin sent you a link but you can also post directly on our facebook site:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/pnwmas/

Nice, and welcome! I too am in Tigard and also started with cichlids. Wait, could this be my evil twin?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol when I moved here last year all my cichlids died because escrow took an extra 3 weeks. I had 50+ full grown African cichlids sitting in Rubbermaids for 1 month..,.,... sad thing is , they all died 3 days before escrow closed. Prolly 1 fish died and ammonia poisoning got all of them