Back in the saddle

Salty Pickle

Proudly%20Presenting-Card%20Front_zpsmhd

Huge shout out to Jeff for ordering the tank for me. I am very excited to finally have an aquarium that is larger than a 10 or 20 or 25 gallon. Now I need to work out protein skimmer, MP40 vs gyre, live rock vs walt smith, refugium vs no refugium. Anybody that has any input is welcome to share.

• Like 6

FWIW on the rock, personally with the risk of getting more than you want i.e. pests, aptasia, bubble, polyclads, and a host of other nasties, I'd not get live rock from any existing tank, tank tear down etc.

Just my opinion/experience

I wouldn't either. It took me one hydroid infestation to make me realize that dry rock is best after curing it. What are you going to house in the tank?

Btw it's a beautiful tank!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beautiful tank!! How can you tell it's a girl?

Welcome back!

Because it is elegant and beautiful, it gives the impression of softness and delicateness but at the core is strong and unmovable. When up and running it will not entertain bitterness but bring happiness, peace and calm to all those that are fortunate enough to be in the same room. Memories will be made and conversations will be had because its presence will not be able to be denied. When I considered all the various qualities, it became obvious that Serenity had more Yin than Yang.

Because it is elegant and beautiful, it gives the impression of softness and delicateness but at the core is strong and unmovable. When up and running it will not entertain bitterness but bring happiness, peace and calm to all those that are fortunate enough to be in the same room. Memories will be made and conversations will be had because its presence will not be able to be denied. When I considered all the various qualities, it became obvious that Serenity had more Yin than Yang.

Whoa!!! Great answer!!! I thought it was by looking at the sump.???? It reminds me of my Red Sea Reefer. I have to say the white stands are definitely growing on me. Truly a work of art! Congrats!

I wouldn't either. It took me one hydroid infestation to make me realize that dry rock is best after curing it. What are you going to house in the tank?

Btw it's a beautiful tank!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have no idea what I am going to house yet. I have been relegated to small nano tanks and now that I am no longer in that "nano club" Im trying to wrap my head around my options. Things I was only able to dream about have now become an option. One thing I do know is I am going to go LPS/softy dominant with some less demanding SPS up at the top like stylophora. 

Edited by Salty Pickle
  • Like 1