My Amemone Farm

Paratore

I have always had a love for anemones but never owned one for fear that they would sting my SPS. So I've decided to set up and anemone propagation system! Right now I'm just collecting a few different varieties of Bubble Tip Anemones. So far I've got 3 RBTAs that bible up wonderfully and two that almost never bubble up (they've got a mind of their own) and today I picked up 8 rainbow BTAs and they are gorgeous!.My plan is to sell them to local reefers such as yourselves and also to try and supply the LFS to help cut back on anemones harvested from the ocean.

Right now I'm feeding the anemones every three days. They are very spoiled, and get salmon for their dinner. :) went fishing this fall and saved lots of the extra salmon "scraps" for my anemones. Right now I'm sitting at 13 anemones and plan to cut about half of them in a month or two depending on size. Unless they decide to split on their own from feeding them so much :)

Now for the part you guys actually like, here some pics of the nems! They look orange but are a dark red in person!

05a158657b7fdfdea57bfcc744536d40.jpg

b257cc708c5dcd210351fdc3c3831d8f.jpg

The new Rainbow BTAs!

08b82f2f54423bc042d9606e6d1eda6a.jpg7825b3e134b591b2da4fe267e6894553.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Paratore

Very nice looking stock. What parameters do you need to keep them healthy?

thank you! I keep my parameters very similar to that of SPS with a few exceptions. Nitrate, nitrite, phosphates and ammonia all read 0. My calcium sits at about 470ppm and my alk is at 9 dKh. I also keep my salinity at 1.025. I try to run the system as clean as possible. :)

Nice! Is that a hydro tray system they are in?

no, they are in a wide 75 gallon frag tank for now. Those hydro trays make nice propagation systems though! Might get one in the future when I've got more anemones :)

Edited by Paratore

• 2 weeks later...