New Tank Lemonade Versa 42

spectra

Going to be a few am being lazy.........still trying to decide on what light to get. ATI 6 bulb T5 is winning right now but still unsure......

Not looking forward to the Ikea furniture build :laugh:

Edited by spectra

• 2 weeks later...

Well had a few issues with the tank :rolleyes: Will see what happens before I say anything butt....... Me being my anal retentive self decided the stand sucked :laugh: so whipped this out at work IMG_1138.jpg am going to make a wood skin to go over it and should be just a little better than the MDF stand.......

• Like 1

So I just googled Versa 42 and now I am supper stoked to see how this turns out! How many holes are drilled in the overflow? Following along. Nice stand by the way.

It is set up for a Durso so 2 holes. I have been toying with drilling the back for a return and doing a herbie overflow but not sure yet. Have had both in the past and not really worried about no emergency drain with this small of a tank.

Thanks on the stand! Need to get some wood and get it finished though......my Fusion 20 is going to explode of I do not get this done soon.......

If you wanna sell the stand lemme know it might fit the lagoon 25 quite well :) have fun with the build, I still think putting it all together, aquascape, etc is the best part

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

To small Lagoon is 20 this is only 18 deep. Unless you want to add some to the back it would not work out.

Ahhh I see. Couple inches wouldn't be too much work.

Well if interested in it we can work something out I am sure.

Ah but there is a catch :laugh:  The Lagoon will not cover the hole......there is a hole in the left rear corner for the plumbing......

Edited by spectra

Hmmmm ok nevermind haha! Let's see some more pics of the build!! That 20 gallon has gotta be ready to transfer over into its new home!

See lemonade....... :laugh:

Yeah 20 is ready to explode.....I just can not stop :unsure: I probably should do a bigger tank than the 42 but......

• Like 2

Wow that didn't take you long! That stand is amazing!

The metal is the easy part :D  Now I need to do some woodwork and mock it all up. Then probably add a few brackets to hold things then powder coat it or ? Also need to figure out my light hanger.......

Edited by spectra
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well decided to do a few mods to the frame so went to work today and got it taken care of......will make the light hanger later but for now am ready for some wood.......also painted it as I was not really wanting to deal with powder coating it.....

Started with this IMG_1138.jpg

Added a few braces and a way to mount a shelf.......oh also a way to mount a light bar to it also and tossed on some paint...... IMG_1203.jpg

IMG_1204.jpg Notice the box..............in the back ground..........that is the sump and will post pics later.......

• Like 3

Well took a little time today to start mocking up a few things and well I need a bigger tank already :laugh: I figured I am probably going to need a CA reactor sooner or later and there is just not much room in the stand with the sump :unsure:

Trying to find a used router table so I can get the stand finished........

Here is a pic of the mess.......

IMG_1213.jpg

Still trying to decide if I want to drill the tank or not with one more hole in the upper right rear corner for a return. Tank is set up for a Durso but I would rather  run a Herbie with an emergency drain. Let me know what you think.

Edited by spectra
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Is it going to be a hinged door or pull off wood cover?

The skin will come of if I need to take it off but there will be a door on it in the end. I just need to get some more wood and finish the door this weekend. Then decide what way I want to go with paint color. I am leaning towards white for some reason but not sure. Am also a fan of dark colors so :popcorn: