Acro keeper cont...

So after talking with Tim a bit this morning we came to agreement that it was probably a good idea to get rid of the base. Since this is a wild colony I wanna avoid sending anyone home with pests. I inspected the colony throughout and there were no bite marks nor eggs to be found. I blasted it with a sirynge a few times and made a few cuts. I tried to save as much as possible. I will be staring at these for the next couple days and try to figure out where cuts will be made in efforts to give everyone a 1" frag minimum. The rest will go back to Tim. Here's what I have so far..

20150929_135002_zpswmcdjpyv.jpg 20150929_151025-1_zpsgaai8dox.jpg

• Like 2

Ok, so I noticed some of the growers on this list have not chimed in. All I need is a comment stating that you still have interest in this competition. I need everyone on this list to be pumped about this. I will wait til Friday Oct 2nd 9pm for a response. At that point anyone who hasn't checked in will be replaced by another member. Thank you to those who are still on board.

• Like 1

I would gladly take a spot if one were to become available.

BTW, my tank inhabitants dont mind pests....in fact they prefer them, so if the base were to still be wet and alive I would gladly rid it of pests.

Sorry fragged, I tossed the base out immediately after fragging. I think we got everyone on board except for bachelor.

Any advice or suggestions are gladly welcomed. Just go easy on me as it's my first grow out. If this goes well I'd like to do more. Thanks

Only advice or suggestion I have is give arson the frag on the right, that would be a great test of those tubes he likes so much

Baaaaaahaaaaaa

Ok on a serious note I'd assign a number to each person and then a number to the frags, use a random number generator to draw frags for the grower that way nobody feels like they got the shaft-

This is the one I always use

https://www.random.org

FWIW -I'm sill in :)

• Like 1

Only advice or suggestion I have is give arson the frag on the right, that would be a great test of those tubes he likes so much

Baaaaaahaaaaaa

Ok on a serious note I'd assign a number to each person and then a number to the frags, use a random number generator to draw frags for the grower that way nobody feels like they got the shaft-

This is the one I always use https://www.random.org

FWIW -I'm sill in :)

What's funny is the smallest one is getting a very nice metallic sheen to it.. maybe because it's getting light all around?

I was just wondering today of how all that was gonna work. The random number is an excellent idea and that's how that will go down. I'll be making all the final cuts this weekend and would like to get them out by next week.