Sign in to follow this  
Mitrillion

Corals dyeing

Looks like things are a bit out of whack as well. Alk too high, ca and mag too low. Stop dosing alk and adjust the other two slowly.

• Like 2

I would get to a Lfs and get ur phosphates and nitrates tested. too many things it could be without knowing more.

will do see you tomorrow Jeff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what are you even talking about?

Test your water to see if you have detectable copper.                                                    

Test your water to see if you have detectable copper.

theres no way? And if I do the carbon I have will take it out

In all my years I was not aware that carbon removes copper. Crazy. I had carbon running when I accidently added copper to my tank and lost everything.

Question, you have 2 threads running...one stating you are losing corals and the other trying to sell corals. Are these in a different system?

It's probably a simpler cause than something like copper. What were your nitrate and phosphate levels? Did you have Jeff check them for?

It's probably a simpler cause than something like copper. What were your nitrate and phosphate levels? Did you have Jeff check them for?

yes every thing is good and fixed! Got it under control now thanks for the help everyone!

In all my years I was not aware that carbon removes copper. Crazy. I had carbon running when I accidently added copper to my tank and lost everything.

The carbon won't remove the copper itself... it removes the copper that is attached to other bio material.  as far as i am aware, copper is not attracted to carbon.  I may be wrong.

• Like 1