WTB: PSK-2500 impeller assembly

ChrisQ

I'm having a hard time finding this assembly, from the looks of it i need these parts, all of which is out of stock except for the ceramic shaft. I have not at this time been able to locate a company that sells this.

Shaft:

http://www.marinedepot.com/Sicce_PSK_2500_Professional_Skimmer_Pump_Replacement_Ceramic_Shaft_w_Rubber_Seats_Replacement_Parts_for_Protein_Skimmers-Sicce_USA-XJ1193-FIPSRP-vi.html

Impeller:

http://www.marinedepot.com/AquaMaxx_Large_Red_Devil_Needle_Wheel_for_Sicce_PSK_2500_Skimmer_Pump_Submersible_Aquarium_Pumps_Replacement_Parts_for_Aquariums-AquaMaxx-UJ1313-FIWPSBRP-vi.html

Venturi:

http://www.marinedepot.com/AquaMaxx_Inlet_Venturi_for_Sicce_Skimmer_Pump_Submersible_Aquarium_Pumps_Replacement_Parts_for_Aquariums-AquaMaxx-UJ1311-FIWPSBRP-vi.html

I would really like to locate the whole assembly because i don't yet see a way to separate the new needle wheel from the main assembly "magnet"

Talk to bluezreef he might be able to 3d print you one.

That was my 1st thought  :tongue:  but yeah, since i can't separate it, i wasn't sure if Jeff could help or not but i'm sure he'll see this and let me know if it's possible or not.

It may just be better to buy a new pump

Ebay is where I had to buy one. 

Funny you should mention it Jeff, my next step was to call you tomorrow afternoon :tongue:

I saw some ebay listings in my goggling escapades, i was just really hoping i didn't have to go that route.

Thinking more on it, should i just go with a different pump?

This is the skimmer i picked up last night that i'm trying to get running, sold as a SWC 160 but it seems much bigger but i'm not too familiar with SWC skimmers and research is kinda thin.

DSC04171_zpszcqxyw98.jpg

Edited by ChrisQ

How nice of the douchebag to sell that to you since we had already came to an agreement then he never responded with his phone number for me to pick it up...

Anyways, you don't need the whole assembly.... all you need is a shaft, the spacers and a new pin wheel.

Grab the magnet in one hand and the pinwheel in the other and pull on that sucker as hard as you can and the two pieces will separate, it'll feel like your gonna break it but you won't.

The PSK2500 is a great pump as far as performance goes but it's also a finicky PITA and will always have starting issues. A Bubble blaster pump or a DC3500 should make that skimmer rock.

Edited by Arsonmfg

Yeah I could print one but that would take me drawing the whole thing up in CAD and waiting to print it. Not something I do for one off parts.

Instead buy a jebao dc12000 and my impeller/venturi kit and you'll have 80 scfh of air skimming power! I've heard the psk2500 is a bit of a pain and has trouble restarting.

How nice of the douchebag to sell that to you since we had already came to an agreement then he never responded with his phone number for me to pick it up...

Anyways, you don't need the whole assembly.... all you need is a shaft, the spacers and a new pin wheel.

Grab the magnet in one hand and the pinwheel in the other and pull on that sucker as hard as you can and the two pieces will separate, it'll feel like your gonna break it but you won't.

The PSK2500 is a great pump as far as performance goes but it's also a finicky PITA and will always have starting issues. A Bubble blaster pump or a DC3500 should make that skimmer rock.

Thanks Chris, i got it separated.

DSC04175_zpsk7grtbw8.jpg

Sorry to hear about that experience, i had amazing communication with him and even complimented him during pick-up of the awesome contact throughout the process.

Yeah I could print one but that would take me drawing the whole thing up in CAD and waiting to print it. Not something I do for one off parts.

Instead buy a jebao dc12000 and my impeller/venturi kit and you'll have 80 scfh of air skimming power! I've heard the psk2500 is a bit of a pain and has trouble restarting.

Thanks Jeff, yeah i know buddy, i got at least 3 versions of Autocad on my cpu and don't know how to use either of them , i know it's a royal pita to start from scratch. It's like trying to add flame or ice to a graphic in Photoshop magnified by 1000x. I feel for ya!

As far as the DC12000 goes, i currently have one running as my return and was seriously considering putting a 2nd on the shelf for a spare (After all it's a Jebao) ;p Maybe a 3rd is in the making...

• 2 weeks later...

Still looking for this, it's out of stock everywhere, the only one i found cost $30.00 and $14.95 s/h just for the needle wheel and the whole site registration and company seems really sketchy to me where i don't feel comfortable putting my card info in.  

I think i'm ready to look for a new pump that will run this skimmer, can anyone help me out locating a proper pump for this skimmer?  

I bought the shaft for this pump but i don't really want to wait the 4-6 week back order impeller

Edited by ChrisQ

Psk-1000 is going to be closest thing to a direct replacment avast marine carries them with their custom volute. This is what I switched my pump to coming from a Psk-2500 on my skimmer and couldn't be happier.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk