Jabeo dc skimmers

spilo

Anybody have experience with these?... the pump on my sro3000int is starting to go out... doesn't like to turn back on.. I'm a little on the broke side atm working less hours and they look like decent skimmers for 250$.. any input?

Wow that is an awesome position to be in.  Get the volute and pinwheel from BlueZ.  Then all you have to do is replace the impeller (4 screws, 1 clip), and adapt to your skimmer intake (home depot plumbing run).  

You can also screw a 1.5" pvc gate valve on the front of the pump and hookup an airline for a DIY adjustable volute, but that is more for people who like to tinker.  I just find that as you adjust the pump speed, one size volute does not necessarily fit all.

• Like 2

dont understand whats wrong with the bubbleblaster.. its all clean.. impellar looks fine.. but it spins then stops or doesnt start at all... oh well im liking this dc pump idea but need to get the ball rolling on it... its day 2 no skimmer :o

A) loving my new Jebao (Coral Box) skimmer, still not completely broken in, but still skimming, and oh, so quiet!

B) I gotta dirty but in great functional shape (just needs a bath) SRO 2000 I'll sell ya for $150... bubble blaster 2000 is less than a year old...

dont understand whats wrong with the bubbleblaster.. its all clean.. impellar looks fine.. but it spins then stops or doesnt start at all... oh well im liking this dc pump idea but need to get the ball rolling on it... its day 2 no skimmer :o

Sounds like a bearing on the shaft or the magnet going out, either way it's a new impeller to fix. If you want to bring your pump by I'll install the impeller for ya, just takes a second. PM me about it.

Here is my Jebao DC 12000 skimmer.

Skimmate is measured in gallons (about 2.5 here)! Ya it stinks, no I would not like to get a splash of that in my eyes!

7286e80c7daa26c37902bc7236161186.jpg

Overview of the recirc mod. Gate valve is an adjustable venturi, Air line is just [Name Calling and Personal Attacks are not allowed on PNWMAS forums.] drilled into the union with 1/2" tubing

9962e655c66614a26c52785dde1748e6.jpg

Hard at work

a5fca977706c7a8c45b40286fc214bd8.jpg

Edited by theclark

Oops not sure how I hit the name calling filter, but it was unintentional. I actually love my skimmer :angel::laugh:

Oh that it man, now we gotta ban TheClark. ;)

Some people have taken to calling others "a" hole since you can't say the other so we added it to the swear filter. .. Guess that doesn't really work in a practical sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk