Broken Shaft-Need Skimmer/pump

reefnjunkie

As luck would have it the shaft on my Askoll 1500 broke and the replacement cant ship until Tuesday of next week due to the holiday DOH! and I wont get it until Thursday.

Anyone have a large pinwheel pump, a modded pump for a skimmer, or a large skimmer for that matter that would help .

My system is close to 600 gallons

If all else fails, since the pinwheel is pressed on, you might be able to find some stainless drill rod or pic shaft at Graingers in Portland. You just need to accurately measure the diameter with a micrometer to get the right size and find someone to cut it to length. This would work until you could get the replacement. If you were closer, I could make you one in about 5 minutes.

I've got an Aquamaxx 150 skimmer with a Sedra 7000 pinwheel pump you could borrow. I don't know that it's big enough by itself. I also have an ETSS 600 downdraft with an Ecoplus 1267 pump that might do the trick by itself. You're welcome to borrow either or both. The ETSS is at Frank's so I'd need to grab that from him.

Thanks for the offers and ideas-Wanareef had the same pump with pinwheel (actually the next size up) and we are skimming again.

The pump must have thought I was leaving for the weekend so it decided to snap the shaft so it would not skim and then out of coincidence something would have died.

I hate it when inanimate objects start thinking.

Thanks again