Hi Everyone! New to the Site and Reeftanks!

Bigjohnwoody

So as the title says hello everyone. I just found out about this site today from impur! Big thanks to him! I have been on ReefCentral for over a year and was beginning to wonder if I was the only person in the state of Oregon that was going to have a full blown reef tank. LOL. I did not ever know this site existed. So I have been researching and slowly building my tank over the last 2 years and finally got it cycling last Monday November 29th! It has been a long road. Very Very excited now! I have a Standard 120 RR with a 30 gallon home made sump! I am doing a build thread on RC and here is the link. http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1927460 (I really hope it is ok for me to do that) I figure it is easier to do that then start one here but if I need to do that I can. I am excited to be part of a local forum and can't wait to start the addiction to another site! haha

Welcome. Sounds like your off to a great start and I'm glad to see that you have put a lot of time into planning it out. Too many people jump in head first and end up making a lot of mistakes that could be avoided by doing more research first. (I'm not exempt as I've made my fair share too)

Regarding linking to another forum for your build thread:

While I don't think there is anything that says you can't link to there with your build thread there are a few reasons it would be preferable to create one here. Primarily there are a number of us that are only members of this forum. (One forum is enough for me) A secondary issue is that we are unable to see pictures posted on the servers for that forum unless we become members there. (The same applies here) Also by creating your build thread here it helps show your support for the local community.

Welcome,

This is a great club that you found with people that are very generous of helping!

I won't hold it against you that you go to RC. RC is nice for some things but I only use it if I cannot find the info elsewhere. I have found this club to be a wealth of knowledge that is much more responsive than RC.

Welcome!!!!