anemones in same tank?

downhill_biker

In my new tank (the anemone prop tank) I have 7 rose clones and 2 green clones. They have even been next to each other with no problems. However, it has only been set up since February, so I cannot claim long term success. I do have GFO constantly, and carbon every now and then to help with chemical warfare.

dsoz

can you have several anemones in the same tank? i know you aren't supposed to mix species' date=' but what if i have a Green BTA and a Rose BTA?[/quote']

No problem keeping them together. All BTA are Entacmaea quadricolor.

thanks everyone. it's a goldfish bowl and i am going to use it for propagation. i have a green, and 2 roses, and am getting another rose this weekend. soon enough i will have a bowl of anemones!

just kidding. i am going to use my 72 display as the prop tank. half for anemones and half for corals.

I have a four RBTA's and a Sebae together in my 72 Bow. On opposite ends of course. They apparently have had no problems for about 3 months now. My Rose started out as a single and has split twice so now I have four. My Sebae has also gained it's "dirty" color back after coming into my tank stark white.

I have a four RBTA's and a Sebae together in my 72 Bow. On opposite ends of course. They apparently have had no problems for about 3 months now. My Rose started out as a single and has split twice so now I have four. My Sebae has also gained it's "dirty" color back after coming into my tank stark white.

Hope you didn't just jinx yourself. (laugh)

Curtis,

As others have said, you should be just fine. I have kept upwards of a dozen anemones in a 40br that I used for propigation. They seem to do very well as long as they have a some rock to attach their foot to and good lighting. If you are planning on propigating them I definately suggest that you make sure you have some areas setup so that they can sort of hide. Alot of times they like to crawl under a rock or in between rocks to recover. My guess is they want to step out of the stronger lighting until they have a chance to heal. Some just seem to stay right out in the open and do fine but for others this is a good idea.

I kept mostly BTA of various colors and sizes in the 40br but did have a couple of others including a long tenticle and a couple of carpets though I never tried to propigate either of those.

I used to turn 1 bubble into 3 or 4 smaller bubbles without a problem. Just keep the water quality good, make clean cuts, give them time and a good environment to heal in, provide strong lighting and medium flow, and feed them if you want them growing quickly.

Garrett

lol....let's hope for the best. Knock on wood. Things have a tendancy to work out like that. I posted on here that my Green Bubble tip hadn't moved in over a year and within a week of that post going up it started moving and pretty much hasn't stopped. Well it did but in a place I am sure it wont stay.DOH!

thanks garrett, i now have 4 bta's in a bowl in my tank with rock and a net over top to keep them in. this will have to work until i get moved over to utah. 1 green/3 rose, they all seem to be doing fine, even though one of the rose and the green are touching. i am keeping an eye on them, but nothing so far, that i can see.