rods food or pats gumbo?

jason7504

rods food or pats gumbo?  

1. 1.

• Original Rods Food
    • Pats Gumbo

Make double sure you put "NOT FOR HUMAN CONSUPTION" on your packaging.

Not to defend anyone here' date=' but I have personally seen what goes into the gumbo. None of the ingredients are extraneous and all are found in other foods. Rod's food has spinach and broccoli in it, that is why I won't use nor carry it in my tanks or store. I make my own mix at home and will eventually carry it here. I need to do research on the legality of selling a home packaged food for sale in a retail space. I'm sure that there are some kinds of laws dictating what you can and can't sell.[/quote']

Not to defend anyone here' date=' but I have personally seen what goes into the gumbo. None of the ingredients are extraneous and all are found in other foods. Rod's food has spinach and broccoli in it, that is why I won't use nor carry it in my tanks or store. I make my own mix at home and will eventually carry it here. I need to do research on the legality of selling a home packaged food for sale in a retail space. I'm sure that there are some kinds of laws dictating what you can and can't sell.[/quote']

hmmmm I didn't know this about the spinach and broccoli. Crap back to omega one flake and cyclopeeze for my tank. dang it

As was said before make sure it is clear that its not for human consumption. I cant say for Oregon, but my understanding for Washington is that there aren't many laws concerning fish food that isn't for fish that will become human food.

• 2 weeks later...

I gladly let any of my customers know what is in my Gumbo. I also offer FREE samples to any that would like to give it a try. If your fish are not yet addicted to my Gumbo then come on by and I will give you some to try out. I sell a bunch and have had excellent reviews on how their fish and corals respond. I also make a Gumbo for your more aggressive fish that has fewer ingredients and larger chunks.

Patrick

I gladly let any of my customers know what is in my Gumbo. I also offer FREE samples to any that would like to give it a try. If your fish are not yet addicted to my Gumbo then come on by and I will give you some to try out. I sell a bunch and have had excellent reviews on how their fish and corals respond. I also make a Gumbo for your more aggressive fish that has fewer ingredients and larger chunks.

Patrick

Fair enough Pat!

I understand that it is a proprietary secret probably not a great idea to post in the internet, but at least you tell customers what's in it.

• 3 weeks later...

just a few quick words.. the reason for the terrestrial vegies are to provide some lacking nutrients that are animals are not getting in our glass boxes that they were getting in the ocean. Same with mysis shrimp. Most of whats available to us are not found in the ocean but fresh water . The reason we feed mysis shrimp is for their high protein content. We feel that the terrestrial vegies are a great ingredient just as mysis shrimp are a great ingredient. Neither are found in the ocean but both provide good nutrition.