rods food or pats gumbo?

jason7504

rods food or pats gumbo?  

1. 1.

• Original Rods Food
    • Pats Gumbo

I alternate feedings between bulk Hi-Pro, spirulina, and Pat's Gumbo. About every 3-4 days I feed the gumbo.

I have never used Rods food, but I'm sure they're pretty close as far as ingredients and particle sizes go.

I'll see if it's OK to post the ingredients. I know there's about 30 or more in pats gumbo.

well the problem with rods food is that my fish (2 false percs and algae blenny even as a herbivore) dont really like the plant material so i find that they seem to like mysis better..would the predator or fish only blend of rods food be better?

rose city also carries rods food

I have tried the gumbo, the thing that concerns me is when I use something like mysis I wash it fist, with the gumbo/other mixed food there seems to be a lot of ingredients that may not get eaten. Has anyone experience phosphate/nitrate issues using the mixed foods?

I got some Rods from Doran today took it home & fed my 2 clowns & a 6 line wrasse.Man they went absolutely nuts for it.A little goes a long way though.I can see it would be REAL easy to over feed.I thought I was under feeding because Doran said to go easy on it & I still fed too much.Oh well,now I know what will be the right amount next time:D

been using pats gumbo for awile my guys go nuts over it all I know is that its got over a dozen good quality foods in it and it lasts for awhile all my corals open upat feeding time and I do use rods cyclo peas maybe once a week, pats a hella of a good guy to deal with same as lisa and the kids

I wish there was a option for a neither vote.

Being able to put in what you know coral/fish actually need is much better in my opinion.

Too much extra stuff that doesn't get utilized is just extra waste for the protein skimmer and filter pads.

Ricky Soutas Jr.

-Soutas Saltwater & Reef Inc.-

I wish there was a option for a neither vote.

Being able to put in what you know coral/fish actually need is much better in my opinion.

Too much extra stuff that doesn't get utilized is just extra waste for the protein skimmer and filter pads.

Ricky Soutas Jr.

-Soutas Saltwater & Reef Inc.-

Not to defend anyone here, but I have personally seen what goes into the gumbo. None of the ingredients are extraneous and all are found in other foods. Some packages of Rod's food has spinach, carrots, and broccoli in it, that is why I won't use nor carry it in my tanks or store. I make my own mix at home and will eventually carry it here. I need to do research on the legality of selling a home packaged food for sale in a retail space. I'm sure that there are some kinds of laws dictating what you can and can't sell.