Tank 30x30x24

mjbecker

I don't know who rudy is, but I help out when I can for a friend and instead of paying me in cash, I work for products. So, if I wish to sell MY items then I have every right! The tank that I am trying to sell at this time is one that I have earned and is in the process of being assembled. I was going to use it at home, but the wife wants a larger tank. (Every mans dream....)

If someone should have further questions please feel free to PM me!

I work for products. So' date=' if I wish to sell MY items then I have every right! [/quote']

Yeah, but don't you have a business license?

Are you not setting up a saltwater store?

Pay the $50 to sponsor the site. (scratch)

Chewie,

I was unaware that I would have to give my lifes history just to sell some items.

I DO NOT have a business license. I am in the process of doing research to set up a business of my own! My plan is to EVENTUALLY open a pet store with the focus being saltwater.

Anyways, as previously stated, I am a friend of Ruben's who calls on me to help him out occassionaly and instead of him paying me cash I work for items and product.....most of which I use for my poersonal use.

HOWEVER the item in mention is not going to work out for me as originally planned and my wife is tired of the clutter at the house and also as previously stated SHE wants a bigger set-up. So that is why I am selling OR attempting to sell.

WHEN and IF I decide to get my business going I will pay my dues as does everyone else but at this point it is still MY PERSONAL STUFF with NO BUSINESS OWNERSHIP! So unless the rules of PNWMAS have changed regarding the CLASSIFIED threads then I see NO PROBLEM with me trying to sell something!

Take it easy man, simma down.

Are you Mike or Mark? I personally remember you both from SWF. I also know Ruben. I have nothing against either one of you and remember talking to you guys alot when you used to come in regularly. You guys are cool with me. In fact, I saw you Mike last week or 2 @ the store with Ruben. I was just too busy to chat.

I'm Jon, the big bald dude from the store.

I wasn't trying to be rude but I guess my post was kind of broad. I know I saw one of you guys @ IDM a few weeks ago, so as far as I know, either one of you guys have a business license. But that isn't my issue.

I'm sure you're not trying to get rich selling new equipment bought @ wholesale and selling it at retail prices.

If you work for a LFS(like me), or do some work for a friend and get a good deal(cost) on new equipment or livestock and resell it on a board that is paid for by LFS sponsors is kind of undercutting LFS's.

It IS your tank and I think you should be able to sell it easily, just not here.

I hope not to offend you, and I welcome you by the store to have a pop sometime.

See you around,

Jon

Between this and the skimmers for sale thread, in my opinion you are running a side business, and are simply using this board as a way to generate income. The fact that you are acting as a middleman for another company to use this site to get rid of goods doesn't change the practice of what you are doing. He gets work done and pays you in goods, then you come here and sell the goods for profit... it is pretty transparent to me, maybe you don't gather what you are doing, but you may guess by the queries of other community members that folks have caught on.

Prices are good, and I am sure someone could use a good deal, but there really isn't a way you could describe this practice to change the circumstances.

The fact that your warehouse is your living room, and your wife is your sales manager telling you to unload your merchandise doesn't change what's happening in my opinion.

Was this tank built by the same "craftsman" that built the 4 foot x 4 foot tank that fell apart at SWF a couple of years ago? What's the guarantee on it????

Oh, and I agree with Kruxy here, this qualifies as a commercial post and should be deleted.

• 2 weeks later...

sorry to jump in on this, but nw plex the owner is Ruben Bagby. he is selling fake skimmer's on ebay now, he is claiming they come from pacific coast and say's he builds them for them, spoke with steve the owner of pacific coast and he use to do business with ruben but no longer does as ruben's quality sucks and they have had problems with him and him not doing the stuff was paid for. mj i am not trying to spoil your sale but seeing the type of person ruben is i wouldnt trust anything from him let alone a tank full of water. if anyone has questions how i found this site i put nw plex in a search and came across this, if you would like to see who i am i use the same name on reef central and manhattan reefs

NyReefNoob

You dont know what you are talking about I know both steve and ruben and all I can say is your a liar nothing you said was true and I doubt your the NyReefNoob from reefcentral but some one from around here. As for ruben I have been friends with him for over 5 years and he has built 6 tank and I have never had a problem so back off pepole.

as for steve not doing business with ruben there is another lie get you facts straight before you run your mouth off ok.

skimmer

i purchased one of rubens skimmers of craigs list as it was a very close replica to the asm/octo..... i scooped the bubblemax 2500 for a quick try and its "ok". the build quality is good, but its performance in my sump is weak as im pumping 750 gal an hour thru my sump. the pump has continually given me problems. constantly freezing up everytime i unplug it, also seems as if the pump is not powerful enough.

i would like to support a local nw builder for sure and ruben seems awfully nice,:)

i too think this is commercial selling. to be honest, you can buy these skimmers at almost any store in the nw now, and for less then you are asking. it seems to me you are taxing the pnwmas members. i got the 6" bubblemax 2500 for 185.00 from "ruben" off craigs list. you want 295.00? what gives. either that or ruben may not be the nice guy he seems and is taxing you personally?

am i in trouble? hope not, this post just seems like something isnt right and i will always speak on that.....years of bad experiences with shops and members off r.c. forces me to chime in here....

I thought this thread said 30x30x24 tank. and now its skimmers

I guess the point people are trying to make is that NW Plex has a reputation. They make an inferior product, and you trying to charge retail prices for CRAP puts a bad taste in a LOT of people's mouths. I have seen their handiwork in person, and would never buy anything made by them. The sumps are crap, the skimmers are crap, and the tanks are really crap.