how to kill zoas

stylaster

Um, I have 0 collection now, I fed them to my regal angel :)

One of the colonies was toxic and was making me physically sick every time I made contact with them. Not wanting to be responsible for spreading a dangerous morph around, and not wanting to test them scientifically on myself to rule the culprit out I decided to have some fun watching 2 years worth of collecting get added back into the food chain.... maybe I am morbid, but it made me feel good... I call it responsible reef keeping :)

One of the colonies was toxic and was making me physically sick every time I made contact with them. Not wanting to be responsible for spreading a dangerous morph around, and not wanting to test them scientifically on myself to rule the culprit out I decided to have some fun watching 2 years worth of collecting get added back into the food chain.... maybe I am morbid, but it made me feel good... I call it responsible reef keeping :)

I would definately have risked some toxic for those bad boys. Plus I would have bought you your fish! lol

well glad to hear it worked out...and was entertaining at the same time.

On this topic, and this may be dumb but couldn't you just flip rock upside down and put zoa's in sand? Or simply scrape off? Again, sorry if this is dumb

rock has 4 different types of birdsnest colonys growing on it' date=' zoas are growing up the back side, i think ill try the scrap method over a bucket, then inject what is remaining with kalk[/quote']

Good call. Scrape and inject is probably the only way to get rid of them without risking all of your other zoas and palys. I had those uggly grey proto palys try and take over half of my tank once. I had to razor as many as I could off and then inject what was left.

They are only undesirable until someone names them and adds the term PE to them... They can be named BPGPE (Baby Poo Green People Eaters). I better stop now before I start on a rant of the rediculousness of people calling every paly they fine a people eater though :)