Behind-The-Scenes Tour

JManrow

We need to know now if you are going to be going on the Oregon Coast Aquarium Behind-The-Scenes Tour. If you have already responded to the Evite, or not planning on going, disregard this message.

If you have not yet responded "Yes' under "Who's Coming?" on the Evite, please do so NOW! We have to know how many people are going in advance!

I know that there are people that receive Evite notifications, but never respond using the Evite. Please let us know in this thread if you are going!

If you do not receive Evites and are going, please let us know here.

If you are just showing up at the Aquarium in Newport and paying at the door, fine, but please let us know if you are going on the tour with us in this thread!

We would feel terrible if some people were to be not included on the tour.(sad)

Also, if you are paying in advance by Paypal http://www.pnwmas.org/cmps_index.php?pageid=2009OCA , please do so now. Thanks.

so... if you are going on the OCAQ tour... and did not let us know yet... let us know now, either by posting here or by Evite. Any questions?(whistle)

The four of us are going and we have paid in advance. I would think that payment would negate the need to respond to the evite?? :)

Mark, you are on the paid list. Everything is fine. We are just trying to get a near-accurate head count before the tour date. We are already have a few more than the average of 35 from the last two years.

We just need to hear from those who are going, but have not yet paid or responded.

John we' date=' (4), are going to be there. We will PayPal today. Sorry to have taken so long.[/quote']

Thanks Mike. No problemo. I appreciate that you responded to the Evite earlier too.

Even with the big deal I made about everyone responding, I still expect a few extra people arriving at the door for the tour. (laugh)

Newport is a cool place to spend the weekend. We are staying overnight and leaving Sunday after a Buffet Breakfast at Chinook Winds.

Hope you and your family have a great time at the Coast!

John

Hi John, I have paid for 4 and am looking forward to it, is the lecture with the behind the scenes tour? 2 of them have no interest in that but want to go on the behind the scenes tour and visit the rest of aquar. Any suggetions on how to work that out?

Beckie

Hi John, I have paid for 4 and am looking forward to it, is the lecture with the behind the scenes tour? 2 of them have no interest in that but want to go on the behind the scenes tour and visit the rest of aquar. Any suggetions on how to work that out?

Beckie

While we are visiting Hatfield Marine Science Center at 10:00 AM, there will also be a classroom discussion/workshop on Treatment of Marine Fish Diseases and Quarantine Methods used at HMSC, and how they may be applied to the home marine aquarium. This will be our first part of the HMSC visit, lasting maybe a half hour or so. We will then go on guided tour throughout the facility. I'm sure anyone not interested in the classroom discussion could visit the public part of the HMSC Visitor Center and Gift Shop, then join the group for the HMSC Tour. We will be having tours of both the Hatfield Marine Science Center and the Oregon Coast Aquarium!

At Noon, we will head just down the road to the

Oregon Coast Aquarium, were we will have the behind-the-scenes tour.

Oregon Coast Aquarium

2820 SE Ferry Slip Road

Newport OR 97365 http://maps.google.com/maps?q=2820+S...wport+OR&hl=en

where we will meet in front of the door. You may want to bring along sandwiches for a quick snack/lunch, as the tour will begin at 1:00PM.

Around 3:30 to 4:00PM we will meet at across the bridge at Yaquina Bay State Park for a BBQ!

As you can see, we have a very full day planned!:D

• Like 1