AC JR setup questions

chewie

I have the AC JR and I want to be able to:

1. turn my halides on and off one at a time

2. Turn my actinics on/off seperately.

3. Turn my fans on/off when the temp gets too hot/cold.

4. Turn chiller on/off when temp gets too hot/cold

5. turn heater(200w) on/off.

I run 2 250w Icecap ballasts for halides, and a WH5 for actinics.

Chiller is to be determined.......

I think I need the DC4 HD, and possibly the dual 120v socket expansion.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I would use this for your MH Ballasts: http://www.aquacave.com/socket-expansion-120vbr-by-neptune-systems-1241.html

Then the DC8 for everything else.

What kind of chiller are you using? I have the PCI CL-280, I just modified it to bypass the built in digital thermometer so I can control it with my AC3.

My AquaContoller will be set up very similar to yours, except I am also controlling my calcium Reactor.

What kind of chiller are you using? I have the PCI CL-280, I just modified it to bypass the built in digital thermometer so I can control it with my AC3.

Probably the CL-280 or equivalent.

Can I bypass the digi therm with the ACJR?

By the way' date=' if you order form AquaCave, you can get 5% off with an online coupon. Just search for it in goggle. I just ordered my AC3, DC8, 2 PH probes, and a new heater. I got over $30 off & free shipping![/quote']

Most EXCELLENT!

Thanks!

Probably the CL-280 or equivalent.

Can I bypass the digi therm with the ACJR?

I took my CL-280 apart, and wired the cord directly to the motor & fan (bypassing the digital thermometer & thermostat). Now my chiller turns on any time there is power to it, so I can control it with my AquaContoller.

I'll aslo be using a Finnex 200w heater to control heat. I will used the following code:

If Temp > 81.0 Then CHL ON

If Temp < 79.0 Then CHL OFF

If Temp > 90.0 Then CHL OFF (in case of temp prob malfunction)

Max Change 015 m Then CHL OFF

If Temp < 78.0 Then HET ON

If Temp > 79.0 Then HET OFF

If Temp > 82.0 Them MH1 OFF

Max Change 030 m Then MH1 OFF

79 degrees is my target temp, but I am allowing a 3 degree fluctuation (between 78-81). I have always thought a slight fluctuation in temp makes for hardier livestock. My MH will turn off if things get really out of line at 82 degrees.

Just so you know, that 2-port socket expansion doesn't use the higher power relays that are recommended for the high inrush current on Icecap start-up. It might work fine, but it's lifetime could be shortened.

Thanks for the tip!

To clarify,

I need a DC8 and the dual 120v socket expansion.

No need for the DC4 HD?

It will work either way. The expansion socket will be much cheaper, but the DC4 will give you more flexibility. The expansion socket cannot switch each of the sockets independently, but the HD DC4 can.

Im not sure about longevity as Andy says....Neptune says the expansion socket can handle up to 15 amps. I am not sure how many amps the Icecap 250w ballast use for startup...?

In the future I plan on using the HD DC4 to run 2 Icecap 250w ballasts (only have 1 now), my actinitcs, and chiller. For now, I will just be using 1 DC8 as I only have one Icecap MH ballast.

Dont forget to get extra calibration fluid for the PH probe! I hate buying the little 20ml sachets of it...I bought a 250ml bottle of each 7.0 & 10.0.

You might also need the special serial cable needed since the ACjr doesn't have a ethernet port (that I know of).

I'm not using the PH probe, and for now I have no intentions of hooking it up to my CPU.

I think I'll just stick with controlling Lighting/Temp. See if I can figure that out first.

Thanks for your help Andy/Ryan!

Let me know if you decide not to keep the pH probe - I wouldn't mind hooking up another to monitor tank pH as my current one is on the CA reactor.

After reading through this thread I feel like running home to check the current capacity on my power strip! :eek:

Chiewie, your going to love your AquaController! I just got mine! Took about 15 minutes to get it up and running with the temp probe & both PH probes! Seems very user friendly so far!

Now its time to figure out how get it to communicate with my home network so I can wirelessly program it from my desktop in the next room over!

You'll be very happy when you get yours!

No, the AC3 with the dc8 & 2 ph probes. I might order the HDD4 for my ballasts and chiller. I'm getting a little worried about overloading my DC8.

So far, I got all of the sensors running, and the AC3 setup on my wireless network. It's freaking AWESOME.

I've got a lot of rolled eyes from my GF tonight though...LOL