Hydor FLO Rotating Water Deflector

wobble

Hmmm. Maybe I'll pass then. I don't want any added maintenance.

I actually had a koralia 3 in there until I installed the sump today. It was just a tad too much flow in one direction. I just put a mj1200 in one side with the return from my sump on the other. I'm still not happy with the flow.

I have a couple sure flow 1600 mods, but they flow was INSANE in there! It created a sand storm even on the mj900. I love the flow on them though. Very wide flow, not such a concentrated pattern like the typical maxijets.

I have a bunch of these I dont use anymore, I cleaned them about once every 6 months and they worked just fine. They lose about 25% of water flow but thats a small sacrifice to get water going everywhere, out of the ones I ran a couple years I only had one out of 8 fail, so not bad at all. I now use mj1200 on maxi mod/sure flow instead for flow reasons.

I used one for several months, but eventually replaced that PH with a Koralia.

My favorite part of using the FLO was that snails would climb up there and ride around in circles for hours at a time. (laugh) Sometimes, though, my bigger turbos would get their shell jammed between the rotator and the powerhead body, which caused the rotation to stop, and caused the driver teeth to get a bit stripped out.