180 gallon. Time to get started.

gradth

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

LMAO, not likely. I harrassed my wife for the last couple months about getting a bigger tank. Finally paid off I guess.

Hope to get the stand done in the next couple days and get it moved in and in place. Then Im going to form in a wall around it.

Next I got to start ordering parts, rock, yada yada. Wifes not gonna like that part.(wife)

If anyone has suggestions on pumps, skimmers, lighting all that good stuff, please feel free to toss them out. So much to choose from, wanna make sure I end up with good quality stuff.

Just think of how much easier it would be to build the stand and wall around a 36g. I could do you a favor and take that big hard to work with tank, and do a straight trade for this much easier to work with 36. What do you say?(whistle)

Yeah, when I get to that point im gonna tear down one of my 55's and build the sump/refugium.

Yeah I dont really think the stand will have any issues. With any luck and some time I should be able to get the stand in the house by this weekend and hopefully get the tank leak checked and up in place. Then all the fun starts. :) hopefully get the stand painting done and the top on tommorow after work.

I need to start planning my equipment list pretty soon. Have ideas, just need to find the parts.

Any suggestions on lighting?

Well this week I was pretty swamped, so didnt get to much done. Got the stand into the house tonight. What fun, the wife and a dolly/handtruck helped out and its in place.

Tankstand001-2.jpg

I had some scrap flooring left over from when our house was built, so Im gonna put that in the bottom of the stand. Figured it would make nice for clean up.

Tankstand002-2.jpg

Also ordered up my skimmer and pump today. :eek: Yikes this is getting spendy. (wife) all over me. I havent even figured out my lighting yet.

Sheet rock.

Gonna go floor to ceiling with it and doors for access. At least that is the plan thus far. I wanted to go wood, but I am no finish carpenter and the wife wanted it to look like part of the house. So I am basically going to build a wall around it.

So I started tearing down my 55 tonight. What a chore.

Got all my rock out, cleaner shrimp, peppermint shrimp, craps and snails.

29reef001.jpg

And moved over to my 29

29reef002.jpg

Stirred up quite a mess looking for my nass snails.One of my munchkins cheesing.

29reef003.jpg

All said and done, my 29 looks pretty good with the pcs on it.

29reef006.jpg

Hooked it up to my sump/refugium that was running my 55.

29reef008.jpg

And just a decent pic of the tank.

29reef007.jpg

Tommorow the 180 comes in the house. (rock2)(clap)

So I started tearing down my 55 tonight. What a chore.

Got all my rock out, cleaner shrimp, peppermint shrimp, craps and snails.

Tommorow the 180 comes in the house. (rock2)(clap)

It is ALWAYS good to get the craps out of your tank. They can really foul a system :)

ha ha ha....sorry, could not resist on this one.

I can't wait to see the 180 set up !!