super glue for frags

salty419

It is the same super glue that RC model airplane builders use. CA (Cyano Acrylate) is what it is called. Just plain ol' super glue. You can use gel or thin. I think gel works better.

100% true on the post. I even know of a few that go buy the epoxy from HD. Just go get some SG and go at it. What are you looking at glueing? I have used both and find that the epoxy works better for almost all of the frags. The only time I like to use the SG is when I am gluing a frag to a plug. If it is going on a rock then tr to use epoxy.

I have used the stuff that is green with a white center. Plus also the stuff you get at HD not sure what the name is. But now am using the stuff from D&D. Bought my first batch from Waves then the second from Upscales as Waves was out. I will not use anything else after the D&D stuff. The great thing about it is that it is purple so it looks like coraline and works great. It may cost a little more but in our hobby who can complain(laugh)

I use Aqua-Mend epoxy. HD carries it. They also have the gel CA in big multi-packs

Thats the stuff from HD:D But the only thing is it does not turn purple(sad) I just like the D&D stuff as it just blends in to the tank and looks like it was meant to be there. I am using it to glue a few pcs of rock together in my new system.

I use super glue gel in the blue tube or the green with a white center epoxy. With the gel I typically have to use a lot of it to break the surface tension to get the frags to stick under water, and to make sure my bulldoser of a turbo snail doesn't knock stuff around.

Usually they are spoken under my breath as my youngest is normally by my side working on the tank with me. She usually gets a kick when Daddy superglues his fingers together. Oh, I got in a bit of trouble once for supergluing the dog :( the dog is interested in the tank as well and he always stands under me as I put glue on the frags...a few drops landed on his back. I'm a bit more careful now. (sorry dear wife, I'll not superglue the doggy again)!