How do I become a shark?

Mr S

I think the question is *how* you'd change it... what process? Right now, it's just an honesty system. You could go to a system where two or more votes would be required for the rep increase but honestly I think you might as well just kill the feature at that point -- the odds of a single post getting multiple endorsements seems relatively low.

If you Google "Vbulletin rep system" you'll find MANY links to people complaining about the system. A lot of sites turn it off because there doesn't seem to be an elegant solution.

I think we're a small enough community that nobody is likely to be taken in by bad advice from a no-nothing with an artificially high rep/post-count. People know to listen to advice from Impur, Nyles, Lowman, Dsoz, etc. and to ignore the insane ramblings of andy and other malcontents like him.

I think the question is *how* you'd change it... what process? Right now, it's just an honesty system. You could go to a system where two or more votes would be required for the rep increase but honestly I think you might as well just kill the feature at that point -- the odds of a single post getting multiple endorsements seems relatively low.

If you Google "Vbulletin rep system" you'll find MANY links to people complaining about the system. A lot of sites turn it off because there doesn't seem to be an elegant solution.

I think we're a small enough community that nobody is likely to be taken in by bad advice from a no-nothing with an artificially high rep/post-count. People know to listen to advice from Impur, Nyles, Lowman, Dsoz, etc. and to ignore the insane ramblings of andy and other malcontents like him.

Ain't that the truth. And I did give it some credence when I was new. But what do I know. Well, it took a couple of years to get, and over night it doesn't mean crap. Well don't let CCR know that! He'll just rant and rave about the hole thing!!! Like what ever happened to respect. It used to be earned, not just tossed around like an old rag.

why has eveyone's "rep power" shot up and their green bars stacked up like crazy' date=' even going purple, and i am still stuck...with almost nothing. what did we figure out controlled rep power?[/quote']

It's you, it's just you. Remember they are given. Are you worthy?

guess not. i guess i dont do enough for people in this club. my bad. i guess i will host more fragfest events, give people more free frags, and continue to trade and sell bad arse stuff for great prices; oh, and answer any questions people have, and give people pods, rocks, chaeto, ect., raise baby bangai cardinals....well that is enough of me giving myself rep. LOL. This is kinda silly.

• Like 2

Don't feel bad downhillbiker.

I am a spam-posting slacker as well...I don't have a lot of green bars (laugh)

Where are the dunce caps...I need one.

why has eveyone's "rep power" shot up and their green bars stacked up like crazy' date=' even going purple, and i am still stuck...with almost nothing. what did we figure out controlled rep power?[/quote']
  • Like 1

OMFG' date=' she lives!!!!!!!!!!!!1[/quote']

Hi, all!

I've been laying low since we haven't had a tank in... (wife) But I'm going to get to work on getting my stand built (I see Miles has an awesome template for me to steal on his cube thread) and the big tank has passed the leak test. I hope I have enough testosterone in me to saw some 2x4s!

So how do I become a Super Whale? (laugh)