water general 6 stage RO/DI problem

jason7504

i got my RO/DI system a year ago and never used it but i tried to make some water with it yesterday and nothing came out of the outlet, but some did come out of the waste outlet.so water isn't going into the DI filters..and i have used a couple others in the past with the same facuet that i have now so i dont think pressure is the problem..anybody had these issues too?

The TDS in SLC was 330 when I tested it. But when I used it for my tank without filtering it, it was great water. TDS doesn't tell you if the water is good or bad for saltwater tanks. Calcium, kh, mag, and other great elements could be all it is. It's too much copper or other heavy metals or fluoride or other spikes of bad stuff that was my reason to buy a filter. TDS does tell you how good the filter is working. In SLC I was very happy to go from 330 to 5 with my filter, and a lady at a water store said that was very good for a home filter unit. I know I'm not getting as good as I could be now, because I need to replace some filters. I'm curious what mine is at.

Looking at the Water General website http://www.watergeneral.com/product01.aspx , it looks very much like the Devoneb 6 stage RO/DI unit I bought on Ebay. Glad to hear it's running for you now. You might try contacting water General and see what they have to say. Be sure to calibrate your TDS meter at 0.00 before you use it.