January Eugene Meet and Greet 1/24 @1:30

tidalsculpin

So,

I just wanted to let all know I will be ready for you!

I have a diamond hole saw ready and a wooden template to get the glass hole started on Ryan's tank.

I have access to the hose bib outside and to 100 feet of hose to help mix portland cement.

I have access to a wheel borrow to mix if necessary. I don't have any thick plastic sheeting though. I have a 40 gallon Rubbermaid to mix too.

I plan on stopping by Albertson's or Freddies to get a little soda pop. Feel free to bring chips or something if you want.

I will be at the school by 1:15. Gotta get the kids down for nap before I leave. See ya tomorrow!!!!!

This look like it's going to be a great event! Looking forward to hearing about it and seeing pics. I'm sorry that I will miss it. Bring cameras! We need to see photos posted of DIY Rock, Drilling tanks, Frag Swapping, not to mention Joel's tank!

Fedex played soccer with our acan box. Luckily Jody packs things really well, styro box, triple bagged, heat pack and all. Box was soaked when i got it, but was still some water in the bags and the polyps looked fine. Got it home ASAP and into bowls to acclimate then into QT. That was about 10am, took these pics when i got home. Gotta love these animals, pretty resilient if you ask me. They look great!! The larger one is still a little PO'd but we won't lose a single polyp. See everyone tomorrow!!! These pics are under 10K MH, i tried to adjust the color as best i could but i'm still a rookie at it. They were definately worth it IMO.

100_2082.jpg

100_2084.jpg

100_2085.jpg

Hey guys,

I have some bad news. It looks like I'm actually not going to be able to come to the meeting! I injured my lower back on Thursday and am still in a lot of pain. I spent yesterday laying flat on my couch, and this morning am not doing much better. I'm planning to head to urgent care soon and I expect that I'll be on some pretty heavy pain killers very shortly. I'm so so sorry to the folks going in on the acan colonies. I waited until this morning to say anything in hopes that I'd be at a manageable pain level, but I'm not. I'm sorry if I messed things up for anyone. They are beautiful and I really really wanted to be there and get some!

It was nice to meet everyone. (clap) I had a great time. Although my wife wasn't too happy when I stayed almost 4 hours after telling her I only want to stay an hour.(whistle) At least she puts up this the tanks and enjoys some of the fish.

Yeah my wife is starting to understand that there is a difference between a reefer's time and normal time. Sounds like you were pretty accurate 1 hour = 4 to me too.

Thanks for picking up my slack mrgreenthumb! I'm not usually flakey, so this really bothered me that I left Miles high and dry. After seeing my doctor however, there's no way that I would have been able to get down there and back safely. The good news is that I didn't rupture anything, the bad news is that I have sprained several muscles and will be un-able to work or move much for almost a week. Either way, I'm glad that everything worked out with the acans, and it sounds like it was a great meeting!

You all were incredible. I loved having you there. Thanks to those who donated items to the school too.

fishiefish- lettuce nudi

madreefer- lots o caleurpa

Suzanne for the red shroom

Thanks to Miles for the acan organize,slice and dice.

Thanks to Curtis for your lumberjack skills lol

Now lets get some pics up guys(Jay and others). The PDX folks are waiting to drool on the screen.

Wish I had known I was going to make it to this meeting early on, I would have loved to get in on the acan frag purchase!

Looks like all that got in should be very happy with the frags they got!! Jody delivered some beautiful ones and Miles and Curtis hacked them up well. (kudos to you two)

Joels classroom is great! Wish my middle school room was like that back when I was in school!

Joel thanks much for hosting and I'm glad I got to meet alot of new people, though I still didn't get to meet everyone.

This was an awesome event. I wish I would have been there for the whole meeting. Wish I could have mingled a little more, but spent most of my time cutting the corals. I really enjoy doing it, the aroma is amazing. Everyone ended up with some great pieces and had a good time. Always good to meet up with everyone and share the hobby. Thanks to Miles for organizing, to Joel for hosting. Thanks to everyone else for making it so enjoyable.

Here are my 2 frags (AKA Minni Colonies) after a couple hours in the tank.

eugenemeetandgreet055.jpg

eugenemeetandgreet053.jpg