8 bulb teklight

coralreefaquarist

most of you know the light ive ranted and raved about it. its an 8 bulb 36" tek. which they quit making because not many wanted and 8 bulbin 36" the fixture is amazing just amazing. i have 8 guisman bulbs in it 1 actinic 1 6k and 6 10k. the growth is amazing the colors are gret you can really mess with color having 8 bulbs to play with. i think these bulbs are mabey 6 months i was going to run em for atleast 1 year if not more. i have lots of sps aswell as softies and lps. there colors are great ive had more than one sps go from completely brown to purples and green. since the bulbs are good nd were like $180 alone im going to shoot for $350 but id love to hear all offers. oh and i added moonlights to it(clap).

oh and theres 2 switches so you can have 4 on and 4 off or all 8 on

heres an old pic dont look at the tank(sad)and not the guisman bulbs

100_0832.jpg

heres a newer pic and this one is with the current guisman bulbs in it

IMG_4667.jpg

dont be shy to shoot me offers

• 3 weeks later...

They are T5 made by Sunlight Supply (as in Sam at SLS- Sun-Light Supply), which is a company that is located in Vancouver, WA.

TEK is a model of light that they make. Kind of like Honda makes a Civic model car.

The light fixture that I have on my tank is a 6 bulb 48" T5HO TEK light. The one offered for sale would have better output than the one I have on my display. It really would be a sweet light for a 40b tank.

If I get my inheritance check soon, I am considering getting it for a frag tank.

Does it come with the hanging hardware? Does it have the plastic splash shield? If not, how bad are the reflectors stained/etched by salt?

dsoz

They are T5 made by Sunlight Supply (as in Sam at SLS- Sun-Light Supply), which is a company that is located in Vancouver, WA.

TEK is a model of light that they make. Kind of like Honda makes a Civic model car.

The light fixture that I have on my tank is a 6 bulb 48" T5HO TEK light. The one offered for sale would have better output than the one I have on my display. It really would be a sweet light for a 40b tank.

If I get my inheritance check soon, I am considering getting it for a frag tank.

Does it come with the hanging hardware? Does it have the plastic splash shield? If not, how bad are the reflectors stained/etched by salt?

dsoz

Well see I didn't know that, and now at least I know who the SAMSLS is as well. Thank you.

it just has eyes to hang cable from it i bought at home depot. no splash guard. not stained i just cleaned it up and the reflectors are in great shape.would be great for a frag tank i had it over my 40b and i kept everything no problems and great colors. just takes up a lot of space over a 40b seeing as a 40b is 36 by 18 and the light is 36 by 18. amazing light though. let me know dennis(whistle)

I gotta get the check first. My grandmother just passed away last month, and left a small chunk of change. I am going to save most of it, but I have a new computer, and a frag tank on my list of "want right now" stuff.

I was thinking of going with a 250 or 400w halide over a 40b, but that TEK light would probably be equal in output with less heat... It is very tempting... Let me know if you can drop the price a little more on it.

dsoz

Thank you, Shawn, for the lights. Yes they are bright enough.

Are all the bulbs the same age? The center two Aquablue+ bulbs look a bit dimmer than the outer four Aquablue+ bulbs. It may just be my imagination, or that they are closer to the actinic and 6000K bulbs...

Yes, it will rock over a 40b tank for anemones. :)

dsoz