downhill_biker 72 Bowfront

downhill_biker

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry I ignored you Franklin and Matt. I didn't even realize that you posted. Franklin is used to being ignored, or at least he should be.

Everything is going good with my tank. As many of you know I am moving to Salt Lake City in May, and will be taking my tank with me. I have offered Aquaserene my corals in exchange for my next tank and stand. I don't know if they will take it or not, but we'll see. I probably could get double what the retail of the tank is, just selling the corals private, but what the heck. Maybe their cost will be low enough that they will want to do it. FYI, next tank is 4' x 3' x 27" Marineland Deep Dimension Starfire 200 gallon.

Just hooked up the new skimmer tonight. It is a Aqua Euro USA 265 dual recirculating skimmer. It can be pump fed or gravity fed, so I chose to hook up the Sedra 9000 to it, and it is working great. Here are some pics of the beast in action. These pics were taken about 45 min to an hour after hooking up and getting dialed in. Still not exactly dialed in, but getting close enough that I can go to bed and not worry about it.

Skimmer004.jpg

Skimmer009.jpg

I am going to miss everyone here on PNWMAS too. I have met so many great people and formed great relationships. I have been thinking about having people over to have a going away party/tank teardown party on the day that I leave, but dont know if that would work. I was thinking that I will pack up the Uhaul one day, then the next I can have people over, tear down the tank, bag and bucket it all up, and load it into the uhaul. Afterwards we could play some board games, cards, ect.

Anyone interested?

looking good curtis!! I can't believe you are considering trading all of your corals for a new tank!! Mostg of those are one of a kind and hard to replace, tanks are definitely not one of a kind :D but I do understand your circumstance. A friend of mine who moved here from nebraska had his lfs hold all of his corals until his tank was cycled and he was ready for them, then they overnighted them to him and it worked out real well for him. Just a thought.

yes, that is a thought. i wouldn't trade them all strait, i made arrangements to get a frag of each piece, and they would get the rest. that would minimize the loss if something bad happened. it kindof makes me sick to do such a thing. i know the tank is worth like $1500 retail, but i have a lot in my corals too. if that falls through i will just offer up the corals here on the site. i will sell them at a fair price, and whatever i dont sell will just go with me.

Whats in Utah Curtis?? Sorry to see you go, but definately wish you the best man!

That skimmer is a beast! You put that on the right side of your sump? The last skimmer was on the left side wasn't it?

didnt even see the comment on the skimmer. yes the old skimmer was on the left. this skimmer is on the right. the inlet to the sump is now on the far right, and the return section is on the left. the skimmer takes up the whole right section, which is 80% of the 20 gallon tank. had to do some major fenagling, but it was worth it.