lets see your acans

coralreefaquarist

mine look just like this to the naked eye but i take almost all my pics with the white balance set correctly,so they look like there under a 10k. and show the actual corals exact color. but when you look at it in my tank it looks like yours.its a toss up because it looks different but its the lighting i i don't want to show a inaccurate representation of what the actual piece is, but at the same time it looks cooler than the pic i take.i dunno

yours is probably more accurate. it does look more red around the outside like your pic. if you look with the naked eye, mine is more blue in the eye than your pic, but probably not as blue as it is in my pic. i dont know how to change everything on my camera. i just take the pic. i dont try to adjust to make it look 10k, i just take it as it is. i think that there is no reason to adjust to look like 10k, because most of us have higher than 10k lighting. if you wanted to make it look natural, you would adjust it to look 6k because light on the reef is very yellow.

I'm starting to think that some acan frags are freakishly sensitive. One of mine hates just about everything, but it takes a while to realize it.. I'll move it and it'll start to look happy again, then it'll start to recede. Then I'll move it somewhere else, and it'll start to look happy again, then it'll start to recede. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

Of course, the acan next to it is just fine. (wife)

I agree. I don't think it is the wild/aquacultered thing. Most of the acans we are getting are wild because of the "Acan Craze". I've got one acan that receeds at a certain time each day and adjusts for Daylight Savings Time automatically.

I'm starting to think that some acan frags are freakishly sensitive. One of mine hates just about everything, but it takes a while to realize it.. I'll move it and it'll start to look happy again, then it'll start to recede. Then I'll move it somewhere else, and it'll start to look happy again, then it'll start to recede. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

Of course, the acan next to it is just fine. (wife)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...