Finally here is my tank!

TankIt

I am working on getting some better shots but to give you all an idea of what I have I thought I would get some posted on here finally!!! Sorry about the quality of some of them I am playing with the camera trying to get the best shots through the glass. Anyway here they are:

post-2537-141867771965_thumb.jpg

post-2537-141867771968_thumb.jpg

post-2537-141867771971_thumb.jpg

post-2537-141867771974_thumb.jpg

post-2537-141867771977_thumb.jpg

notes

I am going to go try to get a better full tank shot. Now keep in mind I am using a 400watt MH I think its a 15 or 18 k bulb! The lighting has not been any trouble for me and though the heat level is pretty high, as long as I watch it I seem to be fine. I do not think a 400watt MH is over kill for a 29gallon tank at all!!!!! I am probably the first 1 dumb enough to try it but I hope I am not the last. As my tank shows you cannot have to much light.........In most cases(naughty)

My clam

Thanks everyone I am very proud of my tank......

When I first bought this tank I only paid $50 for it! It was the tank stand canopy and LS, and a couple fish none of which I still own, I traded them all off. I built this tank from the ground up and I love it, Its my BABY! I do not want to know how much money I have put into this tank all together (and do not want to know) but I got deals on everything I bought.

Looks great! I like the clam...good color

I got my clam from from upscales at about 2-2 1/2" for only $30! Its color is much better in person for sure!!!

Thanks

Thank you all for your kind words. I am very proud of it and now upset. I went to work monday and turned on the lights before I left, all was well and everything looking good! Then I came home to an empty clam shell....:eek:(sad)(sad)(sad)(sad)(sad)(sad)(sad)(sad)(sad)(sad) The only thing that might possibly have eaten it was my smaller/med. sized serpent star?........(scratch) I also noticed tonight that my sand sifter star seems to be missing half of one of his legs????(scratch)(scratch)(scratch)(scratch) He looked OK otherwise and it seems to be healed, no flesh or anything visible. The only other thing that it could be eating my critters could be the big purple people eater!!!! Could my sand sifter have split??? I rarely see him so I have no idea what could have happened to him.(plotting)(scratch)(scratch)(scratch)(scratch)(scratch)(scratch)(scratch)(scratch)(scratch)(scratch)(scratch)

Tank Eater

The only thing I can pinpoint it down to is my serpent star........ For crabs all I have is hermits, blue leg and red leg and scarlet, nothing very big. On the good side my sand sifter seems to be healing nicely!(scary). All my rock I have had for a very long time and I like a reef nurd use to sit and look through my tank with this old red light I had. Pretty cool nothing was disturbed by it like they were with the flash light, they would pretty much ignore it and go about their thing. I do have a skunk cleaner shrimp but he never bothered it before sometime swimming and landing on it even....... not attacking it just perching on it........ I do not know but I am getting rid of my serpent star this weekend for sure!!!!!