Flea Bombs

TankIt

My sister has fleas now in her house thanks to a new kitten she brought home. She is wanting to let off flea bombs in her house to help get rid of them. I told her not to untill I got some advice about if from the forum..... She currently has a 55 gal reef tank I setup I am taking care of. Is it possible to let off the bombs with the tank and if so what do I have to do?????

Thanks

Try fitting a big garbage bag (those thick, sturdy, black ones) over the top and taping it secure so that none of the pesticides gets in the tank. It doesn't need to cover the sides or anything, just the top. That was the method we used when we needed to bomb a couple of times.

Of course, if that doesn't work, I claim no responsibility and never wrote this post. ;)

turn off the skimmer :)

I took stretch wrap(saran wrap) and wraped my tank back in 2000 thinkin its good .........and set the bomb off ....well I forgot to turn off the skimmer...................... annihilated everything alive......good luck and hope they win the battle with those little bloodsuckas(rock2)

Every single opening must be covered tightly. Tank fugue etc. nothing on. The problem is also the tank running out of 02 and suffocating. I vote for the water and light idea, and or nuking, I mean dipping the cat. ANY type of chemicals can effect the tank. Painting the walls is also a killer. Spraying Lysol, Furniture Polish..... :)

Borax, works everytime. Put it where your pet sleeps. Its dirt cheap, in laundry section, kills them dead.

I use it on couch before I go to bed and any carpeted area, vacuum up in the am. Done.

Do you do this every night!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(clap)(clap)(clap)(scary)

I have not done it in a few years, and when you do, I recall I did it two days in a row and have not seen fleas since. Keep in mind I have hardwood floors so getting all the carpet is easy, you just need to make sure there not on the stuff your pet sleeps on at night, I would leave borax there for a week to be sure. Then to check for fleas I would just put a hot bowl of water in the middle of room (WHITE bowl) when we leave for few hours and come back and make sure no fleas are in there