Looking for a few things

biomekanic

1: I have some rather unattractive zoanthids that came in as hitchhikers on several corals I've bought. I'd like to get rid of them. They're sort of a poo brown color. Not a lot of them either. One colony is growing on the underside rim of my brain coral and the other on the top of my clove polyp colony. I could be talked into chipping them off if someone local desperately wants them, otherwise I'd be happy to take any zoa eating nudis and let nature take its course.

2: Bristle worms: I don't have any in my tank, and I don't regard them as pests but as cleaners. Anyone local have some I could get?

3: Mini brittles and asterinia (sp) starfish - anyone have any spare?

I'll take the zoas off your hands and see what i can color them up to ;)

I can get you some mini bristles and coralline if that works. Or let me know what you'd like for them. I'd rather not see them go to the nudis.

Here's a recipe for coloring up those zoas... (whistle)(laugh);)

Prepare a holding tank of saltwater.

Carefully bleach a very large number of zoa colonies.

Put bleached colonies into holding tank.

Get the prettiest crocea or maxima clam you can find.

Liquify the mantle in a blender

Pour contents into tank.

Wait a few hours for the zoanthids to take up the zoox. liberated from the clam mantle.

(just kidding... don't try this at home.;))

ive done that in the past, cut the clam mantle out, scrapped the top surface and then cultivated the zoo. in 2 liter pop bottles. Some of you may remember Ryan Gent from Tacoma, he and I both did a lot of work on getting clams to spawn and settle out in the mid 90's