purple acan turning luminescent green in areas

coralreefaquarist

i found out after keeping many acans that the purple color tends to fade in bright light, but will stay dark purple if the coral is kept in the indirect light, ie: partial under a ledge.

Red and green acans if given a lot of light will turn more pink with light green stripes

I've had two rainbow acans turn from their original color to hot pink with deep red centers, which also looks very cool. this was about 12" from a 250w halide.

Green acan with white stripes and purple centers turned into green acan with orange stripes and purple centers. this was 12" from pc lighting.

I think i have only had one acan that stayed it's original color the rest have changed, but it has always been for the good :)

• 3 weeks later...

dsoz is right it may be some sort of rainbow orange is showing up for sure. i cant get my camera to represent the colors exact but the very first pic i posted at the top is how purple it is and now green and orange are apearing.i tried adjusting the white balance on the camera itself but it either looks bluish like these pics or brown turd when i shoot it in supermacro.

IMG_2864.jpg

IMG_2871.jpg