Need more algea my tank....

Benny503

My CUC ate all the algae in my tank, including all the algae on power line and the top of the powerheads. All my LR look clean, no algae left. I dont want to starve my CUC, what should I feed them? I am not worrry about my 3 cleaner shrimps and fire shrimp, they eat whatever I feed my fishes. I am worry most for my 13 snails and blue leg crab.

Clean Up Crew.

And Benny, dont worry too much about feeding the clean-up crew. They will be able to scrape the rocks for at least a few days, if not weeks to find food. If you are really concerned, you can go to an asian market and pick up some nori. Tie it to a rock or something so it cant float away and watch them mow!

I have a few small patches of algae that have showed up. I attribute this to the cheap ARM reactor media that I used in my Calcium Reactor. At least I had no algae until I started useing it. I know that you are supposed to run the reactor effluent through phosphate media but have not found a good way to do this yet.

Jay

Thanks all, today I re-arrange my rocks and found punch of snails in the back. They are eating the algae in the back of the rocks. Too bad I left my laptop and camera down in GP or else I will post some pictures. BTW I am heading down to GP again tomorrow. DOH!