Drilling a 40breeder...

OcD

I have seen a few people here with them done, but I have not seen them drilled where I would like my overflow. I am wondering if it is possible to drill on the ends of the tank(the sides that R 18") as the tank will be possitioned as a room divider. If possible is there anywhere around Portland that does the drilling?

thanks,

Dave

If you want to do it yourself, give me a PM. I have two different size bits that you could use. Just bring your tank to Oregon City, and I can help you out.

Or Joel at Waves does drill tanks for you. I think he charges $20 for the first hole, and $5 for each other one. Don't quote me on those prices, I am not positive. I know many people that had Joel drill their tank, and everyone is satisfied with his work.

dsoz

The aga 40 breeder is drillable from all sides and the bottom. I verified that a year ago over the phone with aga just before they turned into aqueon. Swiss cheese it man! Just go nice and easy. If I were you I would take Dennis up on the offer. 20 bucks at waves is a nice frag of something you crave, not a hole in glass.

If interested pm me and I can give you a hand. I live in Vancouver and have drilled a few tanks. Also have about 3 bits to choose from so if one works not a problem to drill. Only broke one tank so far(laugh) Ended up that all the glass was tempered so was going to shatter no matter what.

Only broke one tank so far(laugh) Ended up that all the glass was tempered so was going to shatter no matter what.

People always say.... learn from your mistake..... but how many mistakes to learn (hidesbehindsofa) I am just kidding.... you guys are good!!!

People always say.... learn from your mistake..... but how many mistakes to learn (hidesbehindsofa) I am just kidding.... you guys are good!!!

I bought the tank for 20 bucks and did not know who made it. So I look at it this way a good learning experianceDOH! Made one hell of a sound though when it popped(laugh) I used to work at a glass tempering shop when I was younger so know what it is when you here the sound:D Worked out good though ended up going a whole nother rout with the new tank.

Well want to start off by saying THANKS to all who responded with offers to help drill, but the wife did not like the 40g location I had picked out. After figuring out where we wanted to put the new tank, I did not think the 40 would look right. So we decided a cube would fit best, waiting for quotes on a 30x30x18 or a few similar dims.

thanks again for the help and looking forward to meeting some at a event sometime soon.

Dave

Cube will be great only thing about 70 percent more money than the 40 breeder. Probably more if you get the breeder during the Petco sale. Custom cube will run around 700 dollars at least but probably more.

My new tank is not a cube but dimensions are 30x22x19 and it was more than the 700DOH!

oh yeah...cost will be more. We had a 135g cube a few yrs back before our daughter was born, but I got too busy to maintain it. So rather than let it get nasty, sold off livestock and equip...looking back, should've kept the tank. But thats hindsight...never been big on it. Im sure Ill post the plans as I work out the kinks, took me 1.5yrs to finalize my last tank. Hoping this one moves a little faster.